Glitch setting up recording

MikeSh

This has been happening the last month or few on the odd occasion {maybe 1:5 or 1:10). When I've gone into the guide, opened the programme info and pressed the record button the picture blanks for a few seconds with the rotating circle thingy and then reverts to live TV. I then have to go beck into the guide, find the programme again, reselect it and then (so far) pressing record does as it should.

I assume this is some 'feature' in a recent update. Anyone else getting it?

This has been happening the last month or few on the odd occasion {maybe 1:5 or 1:10). When I've gone into the guide, opened the programme info and pressed the record button the picture blanks for a few seconds with the rotating circle thingy and then reverts to live TV. I then have to go beck into the guide, find the programme again, reselect it and then (so far) pressing record does as it should.

I assume this is some 'feature' in a recent update. Anyone else getting it?
No I have never experienced that issue. Just tried again, press record brings up option of single ep or series, press on either brings up option to cancel, no rotating circle or reverting to live TV. I also tried it with pressing OK instead of info in the guide and the results were the same. Do you get that issue with both ways? I just tried a third way by pressing the remotes red record button whilst on the guide which brings up the single ep or series option, choose either which sets up the recording whilst leaving you on the program guide, no issues.

Last edited:
Do you get that issue with both ways?
Since changing the default behaviour of OK from play to info I only use the OK to get to the info screen. Given that it only happens randomly and probably less than 10% of the time it would take a month of Sundays to get enough data to decide if one way was different.

I'm only at the stage where it's happened a few times and it's got me wondering (hence my posting this thread). I'll now be taking more interest (and notes) on when and under what circumstances it occurs to see if there is any common thread, like channel(s) maybe.

Back