Google Chromecast

There are several others in the Apple App Store (search on chromecast). I believe that Plex also supports this, though it does not show up with that search. Also I'm not sure what support facilities it needs if you want to stream local video.
Note Chrome on ios does not support cast (yet!).

I think more apps will follow, as they recently released the SDK for app developers.

Apple App Store is the "App Store" app (if you see what I mean!) on any ios device.
Not the Apple Store itself.

Screen shots of current list.
I'm sure there were only about 7 onImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1395832627.354123.jpg(null)ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1395832658.182320.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1395832639.071409.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1395832639.071409.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 4
I followed the instructions here:

http://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/enable-chromecast-streaming-in-latest-chrome-beta-for-android/

It didn't work consistently. It is supposed to enable casting from Chrome on Android. I pointed at loads of pages with HTML5 videos and none displayed any cast icon. By going full screen and tapping on the video I could sometimes make it appear. I have got a TED talk working at the moment, but it wasn't easy.

I was going by the app list on the uk chromecast site. When I said Chrome, I meant on a PC, though both cast extensions crash all the time.

A search in the app store is impressive but I am sure a load of those apps don't have cast support:

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=chromecast&c=apps

I don't have an android device but from what I have read chrome with chromecast for android is still beta.

I have had it working successfully on windows 7.
You can cast the Chrome browser or the Windows Desktop. The latter is useful because you can minimise chrome browser and cast a full screen video. Note audio level is controlled from PC.

I don't have an android device but from what I have read chrome with chromecast for android is still beta.

I have had it working successfully on windows 7.
You can cast the Chrome browser or the Windows Desktop. The latter is useful because you can minimise chrome browser and cast a full screen video. Note audio level is controlled from PC.

"Cast entire screen" is still marked as "experimental" but I don't think cast itself is still beta.

Anyway, it doesn't work! Yes, the screen is cast, except the mouse pointer is not cast. This makes it suitable only for things like videos. If you have to watch your laptop screen to navigate the mouse pointer, you might just as well watch your laptop screen! I suppose for presentations it might be OK.

I don't doubt that you are experiencing crashes.
I haven't used Chrome browser cast intensively. I have only spent a few minutes testing what it is supposed to do.
It's not something I expect to do from my PC generally.
I only bought the chromecast as a toy, and then mainly to use with my iPad, so casting from Chrome browser on ios might be useful - assuming it arrives.

I don't doubt that you are experiencing crashes.

It crashes even when I am not casting. It is apparently a problem with the latest version of Chrome (written by Google) and the cast extension (written by Google). Who would have thought? I have not investigated whether it only crashes when the Chromecast is powered up.

Mine is a toy, too, though it may start to get more use now UK Chromecast is officially released. Finding stuff is a lot easier on a laptop than on a TV, so being able to switch over to the TV is a bonus. It works well with Youtube. I am not interested in paid video-on-demand services.

Interesting, Chrome does not seem to crash on my PC. I'm using windows 7.
I leave the Chromecast powered all of the time.

Apple iPad/iPhone app AuduoViz is quite interesting. You can select music tracks residing on your iPad/iPhone when you cast them it finds video versions on YouTube and casts those.

Interesting, Chrome does not seem to crash on my PC. I'm using windows 7.

It isn't Chrome that crashes, it's the Cast extension that crashes. I get a message in the lower right corner of Chrome to restart it. Its icon disappears from the top left.

Chrome v33.0.1750.154
Google Cast 14.305.0.0

Strange, same versions here.
I'll try it again when TV is free. But when I tried earlier in week everything worked fine.
I only ran it for a minute or so though.

Strange, same versions here.
I'll try it again when TV is free. But when I tried earlier in week everything worked fine.
I only ran it for a minute or so though.

NO!!! The Cast extension keeps crashing even when I am not doing anything near a TV, and with the Chromecast switched off. It is incompatible with the latest version of Chrome, so people say. It may be an OS version thing. (W8.1 here.)

Just to mention: there is an update to the iOS iPlayer app today which claims better Chromecast operation.

Back