Graham Thompson

Fair enough, it’s a repost. I don’t think criticising was in good taste though. That’s MY entitled opinion.

Fair enough, it’s a repost. I don’t think criticising was in good taste though. That’s MY entitled opinion.
If BH had (or has) gone to the original forum and thread to make such a comment then is agree. But this is at a remove.

I get annoyed when people call out emergency service workers for being 'disrespectful' ... it's a coping mechanism and helps them do an unpleasant job.

The best-laid plans of mice and men

I have a new AV receiver (Denon AVR-X72000WA) but waiting to upgrade my TV to a the new LD 55" OLED) (black friday) next month. As my TV is 12M from the Receiver I have a 12M optical HDMI cable to fit. I also need some extra speakers to upgrade to a Dolby Atmos setup/

I just think it is very sad that a thread that was intended to notify this community of the passing of one of its top ten posters has degenerated into a petty squabble. Graham Thompson made many useful contributions across several forums and his knowledge of the Humax Freesat recorders will be sorely missed here.

It makes me wonder if BH was aware that the OP (dearleuk) was just re-posting in #1, or was he quite prepared to post insults that "Graham Thompson's son" would be reading

How the hell is this biased? Surely it is/is not a fact. How in hell's name do you know that he's lying?

The post was factual. I was sorry. I did learn a lot from his posts. If BH wants to read bias into this that’s up to him but I simply expressed my condolences and stated two facts.

I've just rejoined this forum as I've bought a Humax Aura. I was actually looking for Graham's posts so that I could find out more about it.
I remember him as having a wealth of knowledge and I always looked forward to reading his posts.

I've just rejoined this forum as I've bought a Humax Aura. I was actually looking for Graham's posts so that I could find out more about it.
I remember him as having a wealth of knowledge and I always looked forward to reading his posts.
I hate to say this but you will find a lot more knowledgeable discussion about the Aura (including a fair number of posts from Graham Thompson up until his untimely death) over at myhumax.org.

There is a lot of Aura discussion on the other Humax user site which undoubtedly has become the go to place.

Back