Green-flash inconsistency

TooDeep

I've received my second T2 HDR and immediately installed 2.19. My slightly older T2 running 2.17 is set to 1080p output and produces a brief green HDMI-handshaking flash when booting. The newer box also greens the TV screen on booting but reestablishing HDMI comms requires physically removing and reseating the HDMI cable. This is when the newer T2 is also set to 1080p display and using the same HDMI cable and TV input as with the other box. However, setting the T2 output to 1080i causes only a brief flash before all's well again matching the older box set to 1080p.

So, is it possible that different T2s are differently able to establish HDMI communications? Can the slightly newer Custom Firmware be making a difference? Is it possible to switch a T2 between 1080i and 1080p display from the user menu, or otherwise, without reinitialising the boxes which does offer the choice of display?

The v-format button on the remote cycles through all the available output resolutions. The custom firmware runs on top of the Humax code and therefore does not change the way the box works with the TV.

Thanks. 'Will investigate more this evening. Running the CF I've become unused to operating the physical remote...

'Any thoughts as to the boxen HDMI differences? Are there different models of T2? My two seem physically identical.

The V-format button is on the Web-if remote. It appears later models have a different tuner arrangement (the aerial sockets are differently located). I would imagine that any difference is down to the Humax firmware you have on each box and isn't connected to the Custom Firmware add on in any way.

FWIW the new T2 arrived with 1.03.06. I believe that the consensus is that such machines shouldn't be flashed to older firmware otherwise I'd give that a go, and then reinstall the CF.

Which most likely explains the difference in HDMI handshake. Does the later firmware incorporate CEC HDMI control, as they have now done on the G2 Freesat boxes. (Creating some issues for many owners).

Back