Green flickering

delobe

Hi, just got an HDR fox T2 and I am having this problem with the highlights of the screen flicker green and sometimes stay like that, and then it appears to recur randomly. The humax is connected via hdmi to my projector.

Am I missing something? Or is the box corrupt? It is running the most recent customised firmware.
1.03.12_mod_3.00
actually I have no idea if this is the new version 3 one.

Thanks.

I have no idea if this is the new version 3 one.
I have no idea what you mean by that. There are "pre-RE" and "RE" (so called because there is a -RE added to the product code) versions, distinguished by whether the aerial sockets are arranged horizontally (pre-RE) or vertically (RE).

Hi, just got an HDR fox T2 and I am having this problem with the highlights of the screen flicker green and sometimes stay like that, and then it appears to recur randomly. The humax is connected via hdmi to my projector.
This is probably the projector. Some projectors have a colour gamut setting, which is used to compensate for DVDs using a smaller colour space than is available in 24-bit RGB. This setting expands the range to fill 0-255 on each colour channel, so when you really get 0-255 values from the video source the projected image "solarises". Find the gamut setting (whatever it happens to be called) and make sure it is set for TV rather than movie.

The 'version 3' that I meant, was about the customised firmware, and whether that was the latest one.

But your information about the projector settings sounds good, I am going to check the settings and get back to you on that.

Our Humax does this now too since updating to the latest official firmware.

The Humax is connected to the TV (Plasma) through our cinema amp (HDMI).

When we switch from say media player to Humax the screen flashes black and green for a few times then the picture comes up.

Never noticed it until we upgraded to the latest official firmware.

Our Humax does this now too since updating to the latest official firmware...

When we switch from say media player to Humax the screen flashes black and green for a few times then the picture comes up.
I didn't read the OP as being the same as this. The "green flash" is a typical HDMI sync symptom. The OP is seeing artifacts in the live image which I bet would go away if displayed on a TV instead of a projector.

The 'version 3' that I meant, was about the customised firmware, and whether that was the latest one.
1.03.12/CF3.00 is the very latest, for details see:

http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/cfw-3-00-customised-firmware-version-3-00-released.5216/

To be honest, it's too bleeding-edge for me. You might also want to read Things Every... (click) section 1 - 1.02.20 and 1.02.32 are valid alternatives.

I can confirm that the green flickering has everything to do with my projector and not the humax. It was just coincidence that the two appeared at the same time.

Back