Green Screen & Decrypt Vids not Sync/End

stephan

Few Errors I'd like to loose:
  • Decrypted Exported vids without end & not in sync
  • Green Screen
What's the alternative? That really works.
Specification:
TV: Samsung 40" 4K MU6120
HUMAX: T2 HDR via Hdmi
Firmware: 1.03.12
Boot Loader: a7.31

Detailed Description:
1. Exported Decrypted files uncomplete/out of sync:
Once on Laptop, once playing files or edit it is obvious, some videos (majority) are missing end and/or sound/video out of sync, however they are ok on the Humax T2 HDR.

Previously used FOXY, which worked ok but since there were many steps (processes), thought custom firmware had less chance of error, as less to do hence less likely to forget what you were doing during a lapse of concentration or distraction. But maybe FOXY is the real way if intend to edit on laptop (Bye Bye: ADs & Credits) & convert into Mp4.

Especially considering that with a Freeview Recorder there are few things I intend to use it for really:
A: Record. B: Watch. C: Delete.

2. Green Screen
On returning to TV & Humax in standby, using remote to turn on, there is no video/audio just a Green screen.
Perhaps there is no real IT solution, & SCART connection is not an option.

A. Previously I got around by powering off Humax using remote when finished with, however it now does it regardless.

B. Currently there are 2 not so great solutions:
i) Don't turn off Tv/Humax & leave on Humax channel.
ii) On green screen switch Humax off via Plug/Socket switch, and leave switched off for at least 5mins before turning on again.

Obviously is inconvenient if recording was set during this time, hence resulting in occassional recording failure, but for you too lose few programs to record is no biggie.

Any useful suggestions please, not some seamless pointless rant.

Comment to avoid superstitious lengthy story of other ppl's alledged experiences.
Yes I know the "Green" screen is well discussed but after reading these very lengthy posts I did not see an actual solution even "mentioned" anyway just some techno babble story using their own fabricated terminology.

Detailed Description:
1. Exported Decrypted files uncomplete/out of sync:
Once on Laptop, once playing files or edit it is obvious, some videos (majority) are missing end and/or sound/video out of sync, however they are ok on the Humax T2 HDR.

What are you using to play the exported video on the laptop? I normally use VLC and consider that if VLC can't play it, the file really is broken.
I assume you're playing the .ts file? Playing anything via DLNA can be a bit variable, though VLC usually manages OK with that too.

2. Green Screen
On returning to TV & Humax in standby, using remote to turn on, there is no video/audio just a Green screen.
Can't help with this. Whilst my Humax has no problems with my ageing Pioneer plasma telly, I have found I get green screens when the TV is connected to the Humax via a very cheap HDMI switcher. The switcher has no problems with other devices (my laptops (Mac and Windows), Fire stick, DVD). So there is something about the Humax and its relationship to the TV; but no problem with direct connection.

I hope you solve it and I'd be interested to know what you find.

techno babble story using their own fabricated terminology
The custom firmware group is a somewhat more technical forum than most. That's in the nature of it, I'm afraid; we're using it well outside of the manufacturer's intentions.

Andrew

All you need to cure that is decent media player software. What are you using? I recommend VLC and SplashPlayer.

Green Screen
This is indicative of the HDMI handshaking not being completed. Different loader versions are known to influence the effectiveness of the handshake, so you could try that. However, the fundamental problem is your TV disagreeing with the HDR-FOX on the exact protocol.

The way to fix a green screen when it happens is to force a new handshake, such as by switching the TV inputs or rebooting.

just some techno babble story using their own fabricated terminology.
References? You can't go around making accusations like that without submitting the evidence.

That's a red rag to a bull, and what do you mean "seamless"? The worst thing to do if you don't want "negative feedback" is say so.

Few Errors I'd like to loose:
occassional recording failure, but for you too lose few programs to record is no biggie.
Neither are spelling mistakes it appears.
Comment to avoid superstitious lengthy story of other ppl's alledged experiences.
What the hell does that mean?
{snip} I did not see an actual solution even "mentioned" anyway just some techno babble story using their own fabricated terminology.
Like ppl's?
That's a red rag to a bull, {snip} The worst thing to do if you don't want "negative feedback" is say so.
I'm with BH on that one.

Frankly, this is one of the nicest politest forums around, so I don't see the point in the OP's "seamless pointless rant". Pot calling the kettle black.

Vlc does play, Freemake does edit, export not complete, Anyway as predicted:

So custom firmware advantage is to export hd, but for phantom menace reason (unknown), files aren't complete (some not all) & sound not in sync...

So all in all the everyday solutions are
  • Decrypt not fully functional: watch it on your Humax!
  • Green Screen on re-power: just switch it off at wall for 5mins, or the not eco friendly leave tv & humax on all the time & don't change from humax av on tv!

Anyway so I know 4000/5000 are worse menu systems, so why bother with another HUGE MARKS (is that how Humax is spelt....)

So custom firmware advantage is to export hd, but for phantom menace reason (unknown), files aren't complete (some not all) & sound not in sync...
Bollox. The files are as complete as they were broadcast, and that's all you can expect. What you get is a capture of the broadcast stream without any topping and tailing. If your editor or media player can't cope with that, that's your own problem.

Don't feed the troll.
Trolls have to be exposed.

Decrypt not fully functional: watch it on your Humax!
This doesn't seem to affect anyone else.

Would you be able to find as short a programme as possible that, when you decrypt and export it, appears incomplete and/or has A/V sync problems? Ideally make a copy of the encrypted version first.

If so, it might be possible to identify and fix any problem. Please explain how you invoked the decryption and post the operation log if you can; also how you're exporting the file for VLC (eg, DLNA from HDR, SMB/NFS from HDR, file copied to laptop with VLC). Where does FreeMake fit in?

Green Screen on re-power: just switch it off at wall for 5mins, or the not eco friendly leave tv & humax on all the time & don't change from humax av on tv!

If you do normally get sharp pictures (other than green), the things to try according to previous sufferers are:
  • toggle source selection on TV;
  • change the order of starting/un-standbying TV and HDR (ensure HDR is fully up before TV);
  • use a different HDMI socket on TV;
  • use a different loader version on HDR;
  • insert a n-2+ HDMI matrix switch between the HDR and the TV.
Or depending on preference, replace TV or PVR.

Samsung, as here, and Panasonic, in that order, are mentioned as TV brands affected, but that might just reflect the market.

If you are following both of these up, it might be easier to continue one issue in a separate thread.

Anyway well vids don't have Enc "Symbol"!

So at least the HD vids still Play ok on the HugeMks! Gd joke.... My comments refer to long posts without any mention of solutions, grammar/spelling don't matter, an extra "o".... Grow up...

So custom firmware does not work for majority on my laptop & hd, i3 Dell & 3.5" Sata via Vlc, Mpc, Freemake, at 1st glance they do, but no use if don't goto the end!

So guess for Export the real solution is the laptop app "FOXY".

This doesn't seem to affect anyone else.

Would you be able to find as short a programme as possible that, when you decrypt and export it, appears incomplete and/or has A/V sync problems? Ideally make a copy of the encrypted version first.

If so, it might be possible to identify and fix any problem. Please explain how you invoked the decryption and post the operation log if you can; also how you're exporting the file for VLC (eg, DLNA from HDR, SMB/NFS from HDR, file copied to laptop with VLC). Where does FreeMake fit in?

If you do normally get sharp pictures (other than green), the things to try according to previous sufferers are:
  • toggle source selection on TV;
  • change the order of starting/un-standbying TV and HDR (ensure HDR is fully up before TV);
  • use a different HDMI socket on TV;
  • use a different loader version on HDR;
  • insert a n-2+ HDMI matrix switch between the HDR and the TV.
Or depending on preference, replace TV or PVR.

Samsung, as here, and Panasonic, in that order, are mentioned as TV brands affected, but that might just reflect the market.

If you are following both of these up, it might be easier to continue one issue in a separate thread.
Freemake is the ts > mp4 editor.

Guess this long rouse won't go anywhere though, so just watch it on tbe Hugemax or export via Foxy.

Back