Green Screen with Foxsat-HDR

Tenner

Hi, can anybody advise, please ?
I switch on, get the selected Channel's picture and sound but after approx 10 secs the screen goes to green. Change Channels and I get the sound off the new channel ( but still a green screen) but after approx 10secs the sound goes off.
In anticipation, my thanks.

Hi, I got up this morning and am having exactly the same problem as the guy above.

I have a foxsat 500GB HDR plugged directly into a HDMI socket (1 of 3) on my Toshiba Regza 42ZV555D tv.

I am almost positive thats the model of my tv anyway. I've had it since 2009 and no problems at all.

Anyway, ive had the humax box since april and there has been no issues like this until today.
It was working yesterday morning then today i turned it on and it booted up and worked fine until about 5 seconds in when the screen went green.
The sound and picture stopped. If i change the channel i get the sound from that channel but no picture. This does not change when you click menu or anything.

I shut down the box and booted it back up and exactly the same thing happens again.
It was before i left for work so i just tried that a few times quickly and unplugged/replugged the hdmi, which made no difference.
Just from a search on google i see this is a well known issue there just seems to be no solid answers on my exact circumstance.
This guy seemed to have the same issue close enough so thought id check how his was going or if anyone has any helpful knowledge please?

I'll have a fiddle about when im at home tonight.
Change sockets, change hdmi, unplug from the wall, attempt factory reset of the box if needed (which i dont know how to do without viewing the menu).

Any help would be appreciated please.

Thanks

Sam

Hi, Sam
I'm only getting the GS if the Hummy ( FoxSat box) is switched on before the TV. Because I have several terrestrial STBs in addition to my FoxSat via 2 in-line switch boxes to a single HDMI input on my TV, I have to progress thro my AV sources till I'm at #5 for the FoxSat box. Flicking from standby ( or the much lengthier boot-up from full switch-off ) means that I go straight into normal screen - no Green Screen at all. If I go through all of that with the FSat switched on and waiting, I go into GS mode but flicking 2 channels (forward or back) gets normal reception ( sometimes after a couple of seconds of GS ).
All very time consuming but I can't find a quicker route.
Sorry about that lengthy explanation - hope it helps ?
Regards
Tenner

Hi, Sam
I'm only getting the GS if the Hummy ( FoxSat box) is switched on before the TV. Because I have several terrestrial STBs in addition to my FoxSat via 2 in-line switch boxes to a single HDMI input on my TV, I have to progress thro my AV sources till I'm at #5 for the FoxSat box. Flicking from standby ( or the much lengthier boot-up from full switch-off ) means that I go straight into normal screen - no Green Screen at all. If I go through all of that with the FSat switched on and waiting, I go into GS mode but flicking 2 channels (forward or back) gets normal reception ( sometimes after a couple of seconds of GS ).
All very time consuming but I can't find a quicker route.
Sorry about that lengthy explanation - hope it helps ?
Regards
Tenner

Sounds like the dreadful HDMI HDCP again. Not fit for purpose!

Hi, I got up this morning and am having exactly the same problem as the guy above.

I have a foxsat 500GB HDR plugged directly into a HDMI socket (1 of 3) on my Toshiba Regza 42ZV555D tv.

I am almost positive thats the model of my tv anyway. I've had it since 2009 and no problems at all.

Anyway, ive had the humax box since april and there has been no issues like this until today.
It was working yesterday morning then today i turned it on and it booted up and worked fine until about 5 seconds in when the screen went green.
The sound and picture stopped. If i change the channel i get the sound from that channel but no picture. This does not change when you click menu or anything.

I shut down the box and booted it back up and exactly the same thing happens again.
It was before i left for work so i just tried that a few times quickly and unplugged/replugged the hdmi, which made no difference.
Just from a search on google i see this is a well known issue there just seems to be no solid answers on my exact circumstance.
This guy seemed to have the same issue close enough so thought id check how his was going or if anyone has any helpful knowledge please?

I'll have a fiddle about when im at home tonight.
Change sockets, change hdmi, unplug from the wall, attempt factory reset of the box if needed (which i dont know how to do without viewing the menu).

Any help would be appreciated please.

Thanks

Sam

You will be able to see the pictures to do a reset if you temporarily add a scart cable. Cycling through the Vformat settings sometimes forces HDCP to renogotiate successfully.

The act of un-plugging the HDMI cable and replacing it was probably all that was required, as this would clean the contacts

Back