Guess the hard drive has finally failed?

Crashed

Since Saturday the box hasn't fully booted up, stuck on custom FW displayed on screen
On the TV displays a message stating hard drive needs to be formatted, click OK and it
does nothing. It's had a hard paper round the past decade!

I'm due to replace a HDR Fox T2 hard drive at the weekend with a 4tb if I can?
If I place the old 500gb HDR Fox T2 drive into the Foxsat HDR is there anything I need to do?

First thing to do is to disconnect the HDD and see if it boots up. If it does, then the drive is dodgy., but as you are going to replace it, who cares. But try the diskless boot up first.

The drive arrived today so I'm currently moving the recordings (I've not watched) from the HDR Fox T2
before putting in the 4TB hard drive.
Assuming the Foxsat HDR still works diskless (I'll check soon) do you know if it'll recognise the Fox T2
hard drive or do I need to wipe/remove partitions first?

It would seem sensible to remove them first. The partition layout on a FoxSat is different to that on a T2.

I would however suggest that you get 'the stuff' done on the 4TB disk and get the T2 working first before the FoxSat

Good news the Foxsat HDR does work diskless.
I'm still moving stuff from the T2, 2 hours to go!

Edit - The 4tb T2 upgrade was a success

Last edited:
Unfortunately the T2 is not too chuffed with 4TB :o_O:
Oh? What's happening? I have 4TB drives in all of mine (4TB requires custom firmware and you need to format it via the telnet menu, but it should work fine)

So it's not the drive that's the problem? It's the recordings? That was pretty predictable.

Back