Guide to using the custom software?

makem

At the risk of being told I am blind - can someone tell me if/where there is a guide on how to use those parts of the software which to me appear rather obscure?

In particular the 'cut/copy to clipboard', decrypt, 'set enc' in the opt+.

For example, I copy a file to 'clipboard' and then can remove it - to what purpose? I am sure there must be a good reason for copying but I fail to see where to go from there.

The decrypt, I know what that does, but in the opt+ section where does it decrypt to. There is a virtual disc facility which can be installed, I am assuming it is used in conjunction with this. Am I right?

The set enc - I have the script to do this automatically, so is the set enc to enable it to be reset? I don't see why you would need to.

Sorry if I am asking basic questions, the answers to which are obvious to all except me :(

See WiKi Notes HERE, Built in Web-If functions e.g. clipboard HERE
Q: I copy a file to 'clipboard' and then can remove it - to what purpose?
A: You could have copied the wrong file to the clipboard

Q: The decrypt, ... where does it decrypt to
A: It is decrypt in place, So to the same place

Q: There is a virtual disc facility ...
A: This emulates an external HDD it was used for decyption (other methods are now available)

Q: is the set enc to enable it to be reset?
A: Yes, (Not sure why you would do this)

In particular the 'cut/copy to clipboard'

The idea is that you cut or copy a file to the clipboard, then navigate to another directory and paste it there. If you originally cut then the file is moved, if you copied then it is copied - which can take a while hence the warning on copying something to the clipboard.

Thank you, all makes sense now.

Not sure I like the 'Mark New' in the opt+ though. Isn't it more normal to mark that which has been viewed? (as it was)

If not, in practice everything you mark as new will later need to be marked as viewed or dealt with by delete/move to avoid a list of all new. If intitially marked as viewed it can stay where it is until delete/move with no need to change it's status.

Thank you, all makes sense now.

Not sure I like the 'Mark New' in the opt+ though. Isn't it more normal to mark that which has been viewed? (as it was)

If not, in practice everything you mark as new will later need to be marked as viewed or dealt with by delete/move to avoid a list of all new. If intitially marked as viewed it can stay where it is until delete/move with no need to change it's status.
I don't think you quite get this one;), as soon as you start to watch a programme it immediately shows as viewed, because it loses the New symbol (triangle with a + in it) in the top left hand corner of the thumbnail. I personally like the Mark New feature, and use it quite often.:)

If the recording is actually new (unwatched) then the Mark New option changes anyway - to Mark Watched.

Back