Handshake Greetings

I can't get my head around this fist bumping business. High fives seem to have some sort of place as a congratulatory 'greeting' but what's the point of the fistbump I wonder?
My understanding is that it is basically a less obvious version of a high five. And (by an odd coincidence) there was an example in Garfield yesterday (Sat 24 Sept):
f6f9900050660134b106005056a9545d

Don't you just love it when a spotty youth serving in Wetherspoons calls you "guys", when clearly it should be "sir & madam"?!
My pet hate is sales people who having taken down my name and address as part of the process immediately start calling me by my first name ... without asking.

Well, if it upsets you, tell them so. I have done so in the past and they usually go a bit red faced.:roflmao:

My pet hate is sales people who having taken down my name and address as part of the process immediately start calling me by my first name ... without asking.
Well, if it upsets you, tell them so. I have done so in the past and they usually go a bit red faced.:roflmao:
I knew there was at least one benefit from working hard to obtain a PhD. In circumstances as described you can insist - correctly - on being called "Doctor". (You don't tell them doctor of what). Not just red-faced but a lovely beetroot colour!

I knew there was at least one benefit from working hard to obtain a PhD. In circumstances as described you can insist - correctly - on being called "Doctor". (You don't tell them doctor of what). Not just red-faced but a lovely beetroot colour!
I have absolutely no objection to anyone calling me Mike rather than Doctor, EEPHIL!

I have absolutely no objection to anyone calling me Mike rather than Doctor, EEPHIL!
Shall I wait 3.5 months to formulate a reply? No.
I don't usually object to whatever someone calls me - providing it's not rude - but in the circumstances above it is a useful tool.

Back