Hanging T2

Progress! Managed to get firmware updating again. I used the off switch prior to inserting the USB; I must have only been going from standby before, but i was sure I had waited for the disk to spin down, and I thought a firmware upgrade worked with that method .. maybe not.

Anyway, I am now back on 1.03.12/3.03. I have not yet installed the webif or any packages, and at this point I have none of the issues I reported before (except for once again a slow EPG and Media list which I believe are symptomatic of 1.03.12 standard firmware?).

It must have been the system flush which sorted this, so presume I had corrupt CF data somewhere which was causing the problems.

I will now install the full webif and some packages and see how it goes. Life in the old dog yet ! I may start buying used HDR T2's for spares as a precaution against future issues...

Thanks for the guidance again.

Damn it! WebIf will not install now.... I am getting the "download and install the full web interface yellow" button, pressing it and then success messages. But then going back to the IP address having done an standby and on/off cycle brings me back to the yellow button. I have tried telnet for force re-install. Am getting this:

Code:
Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax) 1.03.12/3.03

To return to the menu, type: exit

humax# opkg install webif --force-reinstall
Removing package webif from root...
egrep: /mod/etc/anacrontab: No such file or directory
Not deleting modified conffile /mod/webif/html/favicon.ico.
Installing webif (1.2.5-4) to root...
Downloading http://hpkg.tv/hdrfoxt2/base/webif_1.2.5-4_mipsel.opk.
Configuring webif.
/mod/var/opkg/info/webif.postinst: line 49: /mod/webif/lib/bin/diskattrs: not fo  und
Collected errors:
* file_md5sum_alloc: Failed to open file /mod/webif/html/favicon.ico: No such f  ile or directory.[code/]

Ran the short fix-disk and it repaired a few more sectors, but couldn't find an 'LBA' and wanted to do a long one again... I have ordered another HDD, which is 2Tb vs my 1Tb anyway. Think I'll start from scratch...

Have intalled the new HDD and am back up and running with full 1.03.12/3.03, a working webif and no hanging issues. Must just have been unfixable bad sectors from which the CF could not recover causing the whole thing to go senile/glitchy. Thanks for the tips.

Back