When you say "it has also reset a couple of times", you mean it has rebooted by itself?
There are a few things that can cause misoperation: corrupt file system; corrupt recording; something conflicting on your home network when content sharing is turned on. However, as this seems to be connected with the recording database the first thing to try is a factory reset.
This will mean you have to set up your tuning again, your recording schedule will be cleared, and a variety of other settings will need to be restored (which I will list in a minute) so make sure you know how they are set up beforehand. Your existing recordings will remain untouched, the custom firmware remains untouched (although as you have had random reboots some of the packages may have gone into protective disable), and you will be able to restore your recording schedule (after retuning) using the WebIF.
Things to check before factory reset (not exhaustive, just the things that might be overlooked):
- Menu >> Settings >> Preferences >> Time >> Power On Timer / Power Off Timer
- Menu >> Settings >> Preferences >> Time >> Recording (all settings)
- Menu >> Settings >> System >> Power Management >> Power Saving in Standby
- Menu >> Settings >> System >> Power Management >> Automatic Power Down
- Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN / Wi-Fi (according to which you use)
- Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share
- Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> FTP Server
When you are satisfied, run the factory reset. When you retune, if you receive signals from more than one transmitter abort the automatic scan and use the manual tuning procedure linked to through Things Every...
section 2. It is reported that standard firmware 1.02.32 makes a better job of retuning, but I would not advise updating your firmware just for that - when trying to locate a problem change as few things as possible. (It would be useful to state your current firmware versions, standard and custom.)
Menu >> Settings >> Installation >> Factory Default