Hard disc temperature - what package to install?

Owen Smith

At home I have both my HDR Fox T2s setup to display graphs of the hard disc temperature (and cpu activity) in the web interface. I'm at my parents setting up CF on their box, but I can't find the package that shows hard disc temperatures. How do I get this to work please?

Ignore me, on the fourth look through the packages list I noticed sysmon and installed it. I scanned through three times and didn't notice it, the text doesn't really stand out as being about hard disc temperatures and cpu utilisation.

Now install the fan package if you haven't already and set the speed to 40% and you won't need to worry about disk temp. again.

I installed the fan package first. That package was the entire reason I got into CF in the first place. I have the speed set to 49% (it won't set to 50%) and that keeps the temperature at around 41C.

Click on the slider bar, and then, with the focus still on the slider bar, use the cursor left and right keys to move it around.
Or, simply click on the number and edit to give the required number.

The point Owen is making is that if you select 50% save and exit, 49% will be displayed when you re-enter the settings screen, this really is no big deal, if you want it to display 50% select 51% save and exit

It isn't really a bug, the 100 selectable settings (yes I know 0 - 100 = 101 settings) are mapped into an 8 bit hexadecimal number (00 - FF or 256 decimal) and then back again, this can cause a single digit shift

Back