Hard Drive format

Ubique

I have been advised that I should format the hard drive on my Humax Fox HDR T2.Is there a step by step somewhere on how to do this please .Can`t find anything in the manual.

I have been advised that I should format the hard drive on my Humax Fox HDR T2.Is there a step by step somewhere on how to do this please .Can`t find anything in the manual.

At a guess you have asked Humax support. A full format (which is easily done by the menus), should be the last resort. As the box as supplied allows you to save all your recordings first to an external usb device this should be the first thing you should do.

As PRPR says, installing the custom firmware gives you access to disk analysis and repair tools. If you have a PC you may be familiar with the Windows Scandisk utility that can repair your hard disk.

Quick Guide to Disk Recovery (click)

However, you would be better advised to tell us what your problem is before going any further - Humax support offer a very limited range of remedies, which may or may not be appropriate.

By whom and for what reason? There is usually a better option, depending on what problem you are trying to fix.
A few days ago I switched on the media list to find that all recordings prior to the previous day`s schedules had been deleted.I can continue to record as normal.The possible solution to format the hard disk came up in general conversation among friends (probably not very experienced),and a contact at Humax support.

Sounds like you may have suffered the "continuous delete loop". See Things Every... (click) section 10. The link I supplied in post 4 provides a solution, but it sounds like it is too late now.

On the other hand, it could just be that the recordings are hidden by a file system error, in which case the disk recovery process may get them back.

Thanks everyone.I`m a bit out of my depth here.Being a nonangenarian my brain isn`t as agile as it used to be.I don`t want to waste your time so I will take a chance and keep on recording as usual.I`m not too bothered if Dad`s Army,Columbo and Inspector Morse get deleted !

As a matter of courtesy,I must inform you that I am away for a couple of weeks and so no recording.However,I showed my son your suggested remedy and he assures me he will be able to go through it when he visits.Thankyou for your advice and patience.

Back