Hard Drive problems - failed recordings

I tried 100% but have no idea whether that had any effect or not because it said off!
You're supposed to physically check whether the fan is running, not rely on what you think the temperature profile in sysmon is telling you. If you have the fan package setting the minimum fan speed to 100% (what a control engineer would call the idle pedestal), and the fan isn't running at all, you know there's a problem! The commissioning topic I've already linked tells you all you need to know about that.

sysmon does not report whether the fan is running. The colours are an indication of what the normal algorithm for fan control is expected to output to the fan, with the given historical temperature readings from the HDD's SMART stats. Neither does it physically check whether the fan is actually running - you have to do that, and if the fan is running at full speed you will certainly hear it. What you can tell from the sysmon temp graph is that if the temperature is falling rapidly, chances are good that's because the fan has turned on and is providing cooling.

The humax box is on an open shelf in a large unit with some 120 mm space between its top and the next shelf above upon which there is another humax which to date never has problems and has the same space above it. The room temperature is approximately 22C maximum during the day.

With 'Fan' not installed:

So, the fan is working albeit maybe inefficiently. The unit was showing BBC1 and not recording.

'Fan' installed and set at 40%, box rebooted:

Judging by the 'expected 30C' quoted by posters, do these suggest a problem?

Ok thank you, I will look at the other problems later.

I will also clean out both boxes.

btw I use that type of fan, probably an identical one as a cooler for a maxed out pi processor with a home made monster heatsink.

Back