Hard Drive Swop

peterjh said: ↑
It would be useful if there was a list of disk types that were compatible.​
Feel free to compile one.
----------------------------------
You may be having a bad day Martin, but surely this response was a bit abrupt from an experienced Humax expert and moderator like yourself, to a new user of the site.
What on earth do you think is wrong with that response? This is a self help community. If someone thinks something is of value then they are free to go ahead and do the necessary work; do you think people should expect to be spoon fed?

So how, exactly, does a new and inexperienced forum user go about the task you suggest? If it is so easy as to merit such glib dismissal, why hasn't it already been done by the more experienced beings who inhabit the sunlit uplands of this site.

I am very surprised and disappointed with the tone of your repy to the original poster and my post. I have been a member of the Humax forum since it's inception under the previous management(s) and always assumed that an extra effort would be made to help newcomers, particularly if they arte asking 'sensible' questions. A brief explanation of the problems involved with compiling the list he suggested would have been far more helpful than the words that triggered my mild rebuke.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood the ethos of the forum, I thought the aim was to help others with less knowledge and over time to build a knowledge base that would be of benefit to members of all levels.

As 'Wallace' says, 'There is no helping some folk' ........................especially if they are new to the forum???

So how, exactly, does a new and inexperienced forum user go about the task you suggest? If it is so easy as to merit such glib dismissal, why hasn't it already been done by the more experienced beings who inhabit the sunlit uplands of this site.
I posted a three paragraph reply which in my book does not amount to a glib dismissal. There is no problem with compiling the list other than someone taking the time to trawl through all the currently available resources finding out what is reported to work and make a judgement on how reliable the report is. An ideal task for an enthusiatic newcomer.
I am very surprised and disappointed with the tone of your repy to the original poster and my post.

Did you really read my full reply or only the last line? Frankly people like you make me wonder why I bother.

"There is no problem with compiling the list other than someone taking the time to trawl through all the currently available resources finding out what is reported to work and make a judgement on how reliable the report is. An ideal task for an enthusiatic newcomer"

I rest my case....

PS Thanks for the vitriol in your replies to my posts, it was much appreciated - so glad you bothered.

Please. Both Martin Liddle and Cyclops have posted very useful posts on other threads/sites. The posts in this thread are not ideal but I look forward to additional posts from both Martin Liddle and Cyclops on other subjects.

Do you not think it's time to close and lock this thread? It doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. BTW: Hard Drive Swop or Swap?

Back