Hardware Improvements?

MrPuddington

I just got a Humax HD-Fox T2, and apart from the encryption issue I am very impressed by it. I want to use it as a PVR (but I didn't want to spend three times as much on the HDR version).

Peeking inside, I wonder whether there is more potential in the HD. There is one connector labelled UART0, is is possibly just a serial connection. But there are two more spaces for connectors with 4 pins, and another one with 8 pins (labelled JP2). Now I wonder whether that might be an eSATA connector - that would be quite useful in avoiding the USB2 bottleneck. The smaller connectors could be either USB or power, I guess.

Did anybody try this? It should be possible to do some measurements to confirm the assumptions.

I just got a Humax HD-Fox T2, and apart from the encryption issue I am very impressed by it. I want to use it as a PVR
It makes a excellent PVR, however external HDD prices have rocketed since I set mine up. (£40 for 500GiB). With the modified firmware installed it can do most of the things its more expensive cousin can do. One exception is recording from the buffer in HDR mode.
I am living in hopes that the BYTs will come up with something that can make that possible.

Back