Has my Hummy got 3 tuners!

macgd016

I am sure there is a simple explanation but I can’t fathom it. I am watching TV via my Hummy and it is recording two programs at the same time. Now I thought it only had two tuners so how is this possible?

Now I am completely lost. I am recording two programs on channels 13 & 14 whilst watching channel 15 which I can pause and play.....what is going on?

The channel you are watching is on the same multiplex as one of the recording channels, you may find there are a lot of channels you can't watch.

As long as the 3 are drawn from only 2 of the multiplexes, this is feasible, just because of the way the channel data is combined in the stream from each multiplex. You'll have to consult a page like this one for details of what's on each multiplex.

You can watch a channel on the same Mux as the ones being recorded. The watched channel is being recorded to a buffer on the disc.

Now I am completely lost. I am recording two programs on channels 13 & 14 whilst watching channel 15 which I can pause and play.....what is going on?
Now armed with that information the two recording channels are on the same multiplex so only one tuner is needed for the recordings, that means you can watch any other channel with the second tuner.

Ah I see, this is similar to the way satellite works, I didn't know Freeview worked this was as well. Thanks any way for sorting out the mystery

Back