Has the HDR-1000S been discontinued?

Nathan Senna

All online retailers seem to be running down stock of this product. Does anyone know if it is in the process of being discontinued? Is there a replacement and when is it due for launch.

Thanks for any info you have...

All online retailers seem to be running down stock of this product. Does anyone know if it is in the process of being discontinued? Is there a replacement and when is it due for launch.

Thanks for any info you have...

Yes there is, Barry at MyHumax confirmed a new model is in the pipeline after a poster posted a similar comment. It was about a month ago. Details are sketchy, but apparently same software so presumably same hardware but different form factor. No idea as to time scales. (No scart socket apparently)

Yes there is, Barry at MyHumax confirmed a new model is in the pipeline after a poster posted a similar comment. It was about a month ago. Details are sketchy, but apparently same software so presumably same hardware but different form factor. No idea as to time scales. (No scart socket apparently)
The post I saw did not say that
https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/3-or-4-sat-feeds-on-1-freesat-box/page/2#post-37545

The post I saw refereed to "same software iteration" not "software iteration". An example of the difference is that if a new model did not come with built in wifi the"same software iteration" may support the new Humax dongle but the "same software" would not. Also there was no presumption but instead a statement concerning the hardware's form factor.

Was the post you saw more recent?

The post I saw did not say that
https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/3-or-4-sat-feeds-on-1-freesat-box/page/2#post-37545

The post I saw refereed to "same software iteration" not "software iteration". An example of the difference is that if a new model did not come with built in wifi the"same software iteration" may support the new Humax dongle but the "same software" would not. Also there was no presumption but instead a statement concerning the hardware's form factor.

Was the post you saw more recent?

Talk about splitting hairs :)

Presumably the UI is the same and so is the software that supports it. If it came with built in WiFi and it happened to be different to a HDR1010S providing a different driver for the hardware with everything else the same is hardly anything buying the box would even know about still less care two hoots.

Back