Has there been some sort of disruption/update today?

Doppa

I have lost all my scheduled recordings for tonight and all the long term series recordings like when it does an automatic update. The last update was 7th February 2014 showing 1.03.12 so it can't be that. I also have the Hummy set to switch on a 7 p.m. on BBC 1 every day but it has lost that information too. When I switched on it was on channel CBBC which I never use so can't understand what's happened. Does anyone have any ideas?

There was a broadcaster enforced retune at 14:00 today, which is the cause of your woes.

Thanks for that. What does that entail exactly? Was there any way I could have known about it beforehand?

Thanks Black Hole. The thing is I have never had a message flash up on the screen. Which channels did it appear on?

Yes, I'm aware of the customised firmware and it's been on my to do list since the warranty ran out but haven't done it yet.

It usually comes up whenever you restart the 'Fox (when the 'Fox is up your source), but the message is initiated by the transmission network so they might have missed it out.

I have it set to switch on at 7 p.m. every night so I never actually see it switch on as I'm not there so maybe that is why I've never seen any notices? Thanks for your help.

Is there a thread on this forum somewhere where the details of a pending OTA event is listed?

What was involved with last tuesdays ota event?

What was involved with last tuesdays ota event?
The specification is contained in the DTG's D-book with additional references to other associated standards. The d-book distribution is to DTG member's only. However, a leaked copy of d-book 7 version 1 (2011) has been obtainable on line since Spring 2015. These type of changes are covered in Part A.
I didn't studied the specification to ensure 100% understanding but my interpretation was that the OTA notified changes are classifies as either Major or Minor. Changes will need more than just 1 entry to describe the changes for the receiver. Minor changes can include up to 75 different small changes. Generally it was expected that Major will require a re-scan while Minor will usually have enough detail for the receiver to handle it with out a re-scan.
Major changes normally have more publicity. The big example being DSO (digital switch over).

The change of last Tuesday were handled by many receivers without a full retune and therefore looks like it was classified and notified as Minor change. Unfortunately for one reason or another the HDR-FOX T2 interpreted it as something which should be treated the same as a Major change. This meant that there was a pop-up about retuning when the HDR-FOX T2 first came out of stand-by (which you missed due to not being there at 7 p.m.), swiftly followed 2 minutes later by the HDR-FOX T2 deciding to kick off a retune as you hadn't just told not and so the HDR-FOX T2's software goes ahead with a retune.

It wasn't an OTA, it was a DSO.
This thread isn't in the c/f section where OTA and DSO when used with out qualification now also have colloquial meanings.
The change was notified via OTA (Over The Air) and there was a time associated with it and therefore it is conceptionally an event and one that was broadcast OTA.

Edit: 7/4/16 1028 Change last sentence to English!

Last edited:
This thread isn't in the c/f section where OTA and DSO when used with out qualification now also have colloquial meanings.
The change was notified via OTA (Over The Air) and there was a time associated with it and therefore it is conceptionally an event and one that was broadcast OTA.
The OP has been around long enough to know what our colloquial definitions are. If not, see the Glossary (click) and/or Things Every... (click) sections 1 & 2.

See the normal jovial posts remain.... Looks like I need a retune for C5HD.

Haven't visited here for a bit, is AF123 working on any new projects that I may of missed outside of the HDR ?. Other than that everything thing is running fine. Pays to run the custom software since it can do 101 things or something like that, everyone is useful.

Back