HB-1000s streaming HI definition content from foxsat hdr

Deadlake

Assuming that a foxsat hdr has had it's firmware modified to act as a dlna server, is it possible to use the HB-1000s as a dlna client that can negotiate and decode encrypted HD content from the foxsat that was recorded in freesat mode at all? I suspect this is possible, works with you view based dlna servers, but cannot locate a resource that confirms this.

Many thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the moderator needs to move this to the foxsat/1000s forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If the Foxsat needs Mediatomb to provide a server and stream content, then the content will need to be decrypted first (StDef or HiDef). Bear in mind that I do not know whether the first clause is true.

IIRC you have to operate the Foxsat in non-Freesat mode in order to have non-encrypted recordings (I'm sure somebody will pipe up if this is wrong).

The question is about the HB-1000S, and is in the HB-1000S forum.
I'm sure it didn't show as that when I wrote the request to move it. Perhaps the IPad AV app got muddled, then again it could just be an age problem!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sure, foxsat in non-freesat mode will record unencrypted, however you lose the epg. I was trying to get it confirmed that all humax dlna devices can decrypted the hi definition recordings. VLC on my ipad works fine with foxsat freesat std recordings, not the hi-def ones. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was trying to get it confirmed that all humax dlna devices can decrypted the hi definition recordings.
What? If you mean what I think you mean, content that is encrypted while being written to the HDD can only be decrypted by the same machine that encrypted it. Twonky, Mediatomb, or any other third-party server will not be able to decrypt on the fly, only a server that came as standard (like the HDR-FOX).

If your HiDef content is encrypted, neither VLC nor anything else will be able to play it as a client. If it is decrypted already, the recent update to VLC (Windows) should play it as long as the server is able to serve it. Does the iPad have enough grunt for replay of a HiDef .TS?

Sure, foxsat in non-freesat mode will record unencrypted, however you lose the epg. I was trying to get it confirmed that all humax dlna devices can decrypted the hi definition recordings. VLC on my ipad works fine with foxsat freesat std recordings, not the hi-def ones. Any ideas?
I believe there is a patch for the custom firmware that will disable encryption when saving HD recordings on the FOXSAT.

I believe there is a patch for the custom firmware that will disable encryption when saving HD recordings on the FOXSAT.

Correct, it's a patch developed by Nowster from AVforums as a unofficial add on to the custom firmware hosted on AV forums. It can't remove encryption on existing recordings but will record future content without encryption. I don't have an Ipad but HD recordings are viewable on a Nexus 7 either streamed or from a usb drive. (The Custom Firmware provides a DLNA server for the Foxsat)

Back