HD Channels not actually hd on hd tv anymore?

I've had an HDR-FOX T2 for nearly 3 years now with a Panasonic Plasma HD tv connected with HDMI and have just realised that for probably the last couple of weeks the Freeview HD channels are not showing on the telly in HD (they used to) but just SD. If I press i on the Humax remote it's saying 1080i on the icons on the bottom of the screen but it's SD on the telly and the tv i button confirms its 576i. I've disconnected the HDMI each end and reconnected it.
Anyone else had this - do tvs or Hummys suddenly lose HD?

Sorry!! Ignore this - had completely forgotten about the V-Format button on the remote - guess a child had been playing ;)

Last edited:
Have you cycled through the "v-format" button on the hummy remote (bottom row)?
It cycles the hummy output resolution.

Incident, the info panel shows what resolution the program is transmitted in, not what you have set the hummy to output.

Incident, the info panel shows what resolution the program is transmitted in, not what you have set the hummy to output.
Thanks Harvey,
Yep, that sorted it out. I found out shortly after posting (typically!) but couldn't delete my post - I guess I should have put my edit at the top of the post not at the bottom.

Back