hd channels playing in SD

mike_m

Here's an odd thing... I suddenly noticed one of my HDR Fox T2s was playing BBC1 HD in SD. Switching the input to the other hummy, and the HD picture (also playing BBC1) is fine. Also checked that the TV itself was playing HD correctly, which it was. Have I accidentally pushed a button that makes the hummy only operate in SD?

I've just checked some previously recorded HD programs - they also play as SD now.

I switched the inputs to the TV, and the same hummy will still only play SD. I attach a pic showing the two hummies' output on the same input of the TV. BBC1HD comes up the wire as 1920x1080 from one hummy, and as 720x576 on the other.

Attachments

• Hummy_SD-HD_anomaly.jpg
    Hummy_SD-HD_anomaly.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Have you (inadvertently) pressed the v-format button on the Humax remote control?
Try cycling through the options

Duh! God I'm so stupid sometimes... I wonder how I ever made it to 72!
Thanks so much, Mymsman. I'd never really looked at that button before.

Exactly the same problem was reported very recently - you're not alone.

Well, another member of the household (no names, no pack drill - but there's only two of us ;) ) has just confessed that she got fed up with the state of the remotes this afternoon, and gave them a jolly good clean - of course, though the TV was off, the hummies were switched on at the time....

If you have the Custom Firmware with Boot Settings package installed you can set it to push the correct/desired resolution on start up, or in this case next restart as the box was already on.

Good idea - though hopefully, if it happens again, I'll remember what to do! Er... though judging by the state of my memory, that may be a big ask...

Back