HD content shared between 2 Boxes

jeremy C-jones

Hi All

I am a happy user of 2 Foxsat PVR boxes each 500gb storage, one in the lounge ( for us adults) and one in theplayroom ( for the pesky kids), both hard wired to my router and therefore to each other and out to the big wide web

Both have Radons software 4.1.2 uploaded and I have to say works really really well, I also have them both setup and cross NAS mounted, so I can see a full list of the content of one on the other ( as long as they are both switched on of course), all good so far and perfect for SD recordings where I can watch a channel 5 recording recorded on one box easily on either set. I dont really have the need or desire to watch content on my PC so it seems to me some of the software bundle I dont need

the problem is with HD. As more and more programs we watch are now in High definition I am actually able to share less accross my 2 boxes and end up recording it twice or worse still sitting in the wrong room!. I have searched on these forums and cant find anything specific relating to this, (my appologies if its there and i have missed it.)

Q. is it possible to share and stream HD in this manner, when I try I get a message about encoded content..

thanks for any help it will be much appreciated

Hi All

I am a happy user of 2 Foxsat PVR boxes each 500gb storage, one in the lounge ( for us adults) and one in theplayroom ( for the pesky kids), both hard wired to my router and therefore to each other and out to the big wide web

Both have Radons software 4.1.2 uploaded and I have to say works really really well, I also have them both setup and cross NAS mounted, so I can see a full list of the content of one on the other ( as long as they are both switched on of course), all good so far and perfect for SD recordings where I can watch a channel 5 recording recorded on one box easily on either set. I dont really have the need or desire to watch content on my PC so it seems to me some of the software bundle I dont need

the problem is with HD. As more and more programs we watch are now in High definition I am actually able to share less accross my 2 boxes and end up recording it twice or worse still sitting in the wrong room!. I have searched on these forums and cant find anything specific relating to this, (my appologies if its there and i have missed it.)

Q. is it possible to share and stream HD in this manner, when I try I get a message about encoded content..

thanks for any help it will be much appreciated

Nowsters patch will stop any future HD recordings being encrypted so you can view them on the other box. You need the fix filename paths package on both boxes as viewing recordings on anther box changes the filepath stored in the .hmt file , fix filepaths auto corrects it.

Copy the file from this link onto a usb stick and insert it into a Foxsat in sby, simply boot the box. It should get a log file on it confirming it has installed.

http://www.nowster.org.uk/humax/settop-patch_4.0.9utc_mips.opk

Repeat for the other box.

Last edited:
Thanks Graham.
I have just done the file fix on both boxes and now installed the patch on both boxes and got a new .done log file after each install

I have just recorded 5 mins of BBCHD and tried to view on the other box

however the actual message I get is " The Channel is scrambled or not currently available"

Thanks Graham.
I have just done the file fix on both boxes and now installed the patch on both boxes and got a new .done log file after each install

I have just recorded 5 mins of BBCHD and tried to view on the other box

however the actual message I get is " The Channel is scrambled or not currently available"

If you look on the box that recorded it, has the recording got a ENC flag ? You may need to reboot both boxes.

Doh!!!

that will be it then. just rebooted and recorded a bit of the snooker.... it now records with no ENC flag ... (I know what that means now)

and I can now watch my recording perfectly in the other room.

HURRAY!!!!

thanks very much for you help and advice..Thats one of those jobs thats taken me 2 years to get round to sorting, and with your help sorted in a couple of Hrs...

:)

Back