HD fox cust firmware organising media

I have an hd liked to an hdr with folders on my pc mounted on the hd. When i open the mounted folder showing the files on the hd, the order in which the series tv programmes is listed, seems to be mixed up. Is there a way to list in order?

David

For example is lists as follows
The.Big.Bang.Theory.S04E06.The.Irish.Pub.Formulation.HDTV.XviD-FQM
then
The.Big.Bang.Theory.S04E11.HDTV.XviD-FEVER
then
The.Big.Bang.Theory.S04E08.The.21-second.Excitation.HDTV.XviD-FQM

Umm... you're doing what with what on what?

Are you accessing files stored on the PC from the HD-FOX? (It looks like it from your examples - you posted while I was posting.) If so what has the HDR-FOX got to do with it?

As this is in the custom section, does that mean you are using a Samba share to access the PC (maybe using network-shares-automount), or are you relying on normal DLNA sharing (Media >> Storage (blue) >> Network) and a server on the PC (XBMC, Twonky, etc)?

The standard listing is in file date order, you can change it to alphabetical with OPT+ >> Sort.

The reason for mentioning the HDR was so anyone in a position to help would understand my setup. Yes, I'm using samba and network shares automount to stream to the hd fox from my laptop, I'll have a look at opt + ...thanks.

Is there a way to permanently sort by alphabetical order? When I opt+ and sort by alphabetical order, then switch off and on, it defaults back to sort by date.

Thanks

David

I have made a new macro called boot but for some reason it will not save, the page just refreshes and now saved macros are displayed, if I add a character after the boot (boot 1 etc) it saves it but will not carry out the commands at boot up. I've tried removing the package then installing it again but it still won't save. Any ideas?

David

Are you trying to name a second macro as boot? I don't think that you will be able to have two with the same name.

Are you trying to name a second macro as boot? I don't think that you will be able to have two with the same name.
I had made a macro called boot, then deleted it to try different delays, once I had delete it, when I try to name another boot it doesn't save.

I don't use this facility, but have just tried creating a boot macro, then creating a second one. This just overwrote the first one, so I deleted this before creating another one. There was no problem saving a new boot macro. Have you tried rebooting your box before attempting to create a new boot macro?

(deleted)

As my post seems to have prompted a response in the short time before I deleted it, I'll own up to asking what happens if the macros given a different name - and then realised that had already been answered further up.

Back