HD-Fox T2 changing USB drive

James_H

I have an HDR T2 in the lounge and HD T2 in the bedroom, both with custom firmware and with Foxlink working fine.

I would like to swap the existing USB pen drive in the HD T2 for another, but with 64GB capacity to permit occasional recording.

I think that one way is just swap the drives while off, then after restarting do a reinstall of the packages and settings.

What I'm not clear on are:
* I know that deleting the Foxlink share on the HD T2 could cause all the content on the HDR to be deleted. Presumably the above doesn't delete it, it just is no longer there?
* As parts of the custom firmware are stored on the pen drive, if I swap to the blank one, is there enough custom firmware remaining to enable boot in maintenance mode to format as EXT2?
* Is there any nice way of copying packages/settings from the old pen drive? Again, I'm bothered about something going wrong with the share to the HDR going wrong and deleting all the recordings from it.

Thanks,
James

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think that one way is just swap the drives while off, then after restarting do a reinstall of the packages and settings.
Yep, that's the easiest way.
* I know that deleting the Foxlink share on the HD T2 could cause all the content on the HDR to be deleted. Presumably the above doesn't delete it, it just is no longer there?
Just swapping the drives won't delete anything on the HDR.
* As parts of the custom firmware are stored on the pen drive, if I swap to the blank one, is there enough custom firmware remaining to enable boot in maintenance mode to format as EXT2?
Yes, you can get to the telnet menu and then convert the drive from FAT32 to EXT2.
* Is there any nice way of copying packages/settings from the old pen drive? Again, I'm bothered about something going wrong with the share to the HDR going wrong and deleting all the recordings from it.
The easiest way would be to plug both into a PC/laptop running Linux and copy everything across from one to the other. Plugging both into the HD would work too but you might have problems with the custom firmware treating both as potential storage. There are ways round that which I'll explain if you're interested and have a USB hub so you can connect both at once.

Back