HD FOX T2 - firmware 1.02.32

dragon-it

Just taken delivery of an HD FOX-T2 after fiddling for far too long with the slowness of a raspberry pi for remotely watching upstairs from the existing HDR.... considering the hardware it does what it does remarkably well, but doesn't go down too well when it crashes 55 minutes into an hour program and you have to wade through slowly etc.

Was just about to download the CF onto the HD but noticed the current version says:

Software: KZTFT 1.02.32
Loader: L7.27
Update date: 15 Jan 2013

No the ones on their site only go upto 1.02.29 for the HD don't they, and therefore the CF is based on that?

So a) Am I safe to put 1.02.29 over the top, and since I can't return to it b) is there any way of pulling off a 1.02.32 image first?

thanks

Steve

I think it would be safe to install 1.02.29 over 1.02.32, however, as you say there would be no way back at present and I don't think af123 has supplied anything to backup your existing version, so I wouldn't be too hasty

BTW they also said this specifically in an email relating to the purchase of the HD.... the HD has the "new" portal layout that the HDR got on this release too.

"Regarding the Apps via the Portal, we will be updating the HDR-FOX T2 to support additional apps later this year, we are waiting on confirmation on what additional apps will be available for the HD-FOX T2.
Best Regards,
Ken
Humax Customer Support"

Humax have released firmware versions on new units that were not at the time, available for download, so they may get around to placing 1.02.32 for the 'HD' on their download site, but I can't see why it would take almost 2 Months, it could be that there is going to be a 1.02.33 released who knows

4bdy : Unless I have misinterpreted the question, isn't this what you are looking for: http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Firmware_Downloads

there is no 1.02.32 for the HD-Fox T2 on the WiKi download page or the Humax Download page either

BTW they also said this specifically in an email relating to the purchase of the HD.... the HD has the "new" portal layout that the HDR got on this release too.
The portal loads up from the Humax servers each time, and the new layout is not the result of a firmware update. HD- and HDR-FOX portals look the same, and have had the new appearance since Humax changed their end.

Back