HD-FOX T2 transfer

BMAX

HD-FOXT2 transfer

It would seem that unlike the HDR-FOXT2 and the FOXSAT version, it is not possible to play even SD files after transferring them to a PC from the HD_FOXT2. It seems that PAT and possibly other information is missing.
I wonder if anyone has found a solution or if it is a Humax bug that causes the problem. I am inclined to think the latter.

Otherwise.. excellent kit!

Re: HD-FOXT2 transfer

Hi

Speaking from the 9200, there are a number of other files associated with a program file, if you want to take a file back to the Hummy you also need to supply those.

I know that Humax did not really intend files to go from the PC back to the machine, maybe the same is true in your case.

keithatrochdale said:
Hi

Speaking from the 9200, there are a number of other files associated with a program file, if you want to take a file back to the Hummy you also need to supply those.

I know that Humax did not really intend files to go from the PC back to the machine, maybe the same is true in your case.

Wrong end of the stick! I wish to copy files from the HD-FOXT2 to a pc and play them, simple as that. This can be easily done with the HD-FOXSAT and the HDR-FOXT2 (SD files only) but apparently not with the HD-FOXT2.

MartinLiddle said:
BMAX said:
I wish to copy files from the HD-FOXT2 to a pc and play them, simple as that.
What software are you using to try and play them?

I have always used VLC as it seems to play anything, but it will not accept these files, just does nothing. I have tried everything else that I could find to no avail. VideoReDo will not open them but gives a message 'missing PAT' , which I gather is rather fundamental for any tool to play the files.

I gather from other forums that I am not alone. I have e-mailed Humax and am awaiting a response. Someone else who got a reply was advised that 'VLC plays most things' even though he mentioned that he had tried it unsuccessfully. :cry:

I now have an answer, thanks to some work by Raydon. With the HD_FOXT2 both SD and HD recordings are encrypted, so that neither will play when copied. So, that is that! Very useful feature!

Posted by Coulrophobe on DS:-

"I eventually received a reply from Humax as follows:
All HD-FOX T2 recordings to an external drive are encrypted and it is NOT possible to playback.
This is something that we have requested to be changed in the future but have not yet had any confirmation of the schedule.
Regards
Humax Customer Support"

Posted by Coulrophobe on DS:-

"I eventually received a reply from Humax as follows:
All HD-FOX T2 recordings to an external drive are encrypted and it is NOT possible to playback.
This is something that we have requested to be changed in the future but have not yet had any confirmation of the schedule.
Regards
Humax Customer Support"
Has any one tried with 1.02.27 to see if unencryption of sd recordings was introduced via copying from an external HDD to another external HDD both connected through a hub to hd-fox's USB port?

Back