HD live picture break up now HD mux is on offset channel

Any ideas where to look next?...
Try the above suggestions first. If you still have issues then place the original (500GB Seagate?) drive back into the faulty HDR. Run fixdisk against it. Then try similar test recordings as before.

Last edited:
Drive is 58% full. It’s a 4TB drive (Toshiba S300 Surveillance Hard Drive), reporting - Total space: 3.63TB - Used: 2.13TB - Free: 1.49TB.

I don’t have the undelete package installed. I’ve only installed 3 packages: auto-unprotect, tunefix and, of course, webif

In my previous post (this morning) I should have stated that duplicate recordings (made at the same time) were reviewed on the faultless recorder – NOT “The same recordings…”

I’ll try fixdisk again. I've run it before and I don't remember any problems being reported.

I am receiving HD TV on PSB3 mux C35- (585.8MHz) from Winter Hill but the HDR Fox T2 is set to C35 (586.0MHz). Prior to June 2022 HD TV muxes from Winter Hill were com7 on C55 (746.0MHz) and com8 on C56 (754.0MHz) – no offset channels.

Looking on the freeview site for Winter Hill the current HD multiplex isn't offset, but used to be up to 2020, with no changes since then.

1725728066562.png

The spreadsheet on the OFCOM site for 777MHz also indicates that Winter Hill's C35 is not offset, ( https://www.ofcom.org.uk/siteassets...-transmitter-guidance/700-plan-clearance.xlsx ).

With what Rodders53 stated in post #5 that appears to further rule out frequency offset being a factor in the issue.

Thanks Luke, for OFCOM data, pointing out that C35 is no longer offset. Clearly I’ve been using erroneous information from elsewhere on internet – I didn’t realise that information was publicly available from OFCOM.

That just reinforces my view that something has failed (or drifted off value) in the tuner and it’s time to give up and replace the box. Sadly my expertise is confined to digital electronics – I get out of my depth quite quickly with RF stuff.

Thanks to all for help and advice. You’ve given me a lot more to think about.

Looks like it’s time to grab a replacement HDR Fox T2. Is there a way to reprogram a replacement HDR Fox T2 so that it will play the recordings on my current hard drive if I transfer the drive? Encryption key?

Is there a way to reprogram a replacement HDR Fox T2 so that it will play the recordings on my current hard drive if I transfer the drive? Encryption key?
Yes. Before recording anything on the replacement box, install the custom firmware and then copy the old box's encryption key over to the new box's settings for the custom firmware override of the key., and action a reboot.
1725742261130.png
A cautionary tale: https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/one-...th-different-encryption-key.9666/#post-140258

Back