HD Picture Breakup

After many hours I have finally cured HDFox Picture Breakup :).
Hurrah! :cheers:

Now, what about the HDR-FOX?

I do not get on with Linux I have tried booting into linux on my laotiop in the past just had so many problems.
Which Linux in particular? I prefer Linux Mint, which is very Windows-like, but avoid 19.3 or 20. You don't need anything modern for what you want, and I'll add a link later for a "rescue" version (not necessarily Mint).

Last edited:
Hurrah! :cheers:

Now, what about the HDR-FOX?
The HDRFOX picture breakup was all ways down to the 5V Aerial amp supply voltage, I can replicate that ever time I switch it back on.
Which Linux in particular? I prefer Linux Mint, which is very Windows-like, but avoid 19.3 or 20. You don't need anything modern for what you want, and I'll add a link later for a "rescue" version (not necessarily Mint).
I cant .remember which version I have tried, thanks if you can send the link for the rescue version hopefully I can run it from Flashdrive.

Is there a problem with these versions, I have seen there is now a version 20.1 would that be ok?
If you are only running it for maintenance purposes you are better off with lo-tech behind-the-bleeding-edge versions of software. I've been on the Mint forum since I started playing with it for my self-build Ryzen PC, and frankly a lot of people have problems with 20 (including me) according to hardware. There was a kernel update at 19.3 which seems to have killed a few things, which is why I suggest going for 19.2 or previous - even 18.3. You're not worried about long-term support.

However, for a no-install bootable rescue version, I suggest https://www.system-rescue.org/
https://www.system-rescue.org/ said:
SystemRescue (also known as SystemRescueCd) is a Linux system rescue toolkit available as a bootable medium for administrating or repairing your system and data after a crash. It aims to provide an easy way to carry out admin tasks on your computer, such as creating and editing the hard disk partitions. It comes with a lot of Linux system utilities such as GParted, fsarchiver, filesystem tools and basic tools (editors, midnight commander, network tools). It can be used for both Linux and windows computers, and on desktops as well as servers. This rescue system requires no installation as it can be booted from a CD/DVD drive or USB stick, but it can be installed on the hard disk if you wish. The kernel supports all important file systems (ext4, xfs, btrfs, vfat, ntfs), as well as network filesystems such as Samba and NFS.

Back