HD .ts AV2HDR issue?

MrMarky

Quick question

Basically I removed some adverts from a movie using VideoRedo, then saved the file as .TS

Once I run it through AV2HDR I can pick Audio Stream 302 or 306 then encode however no audio comes through on the final convert, picking either 302 or 306.

Running the file through VideoRedo brings the audio as it plays in a HD player, but once it goes through AV2HDR there is no audio.

Cheers in advance.

Open the VRD output file with MediaInfo and check what format the audio is ? Repeat with the original file.

You should be using AV2HDR-T2 if you want to play back on Humax Freeview box.

Orginal

Audio #1
ID : 302 (0x12E)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Muxing mode : LATM
Codec ID : 17
Duration : 1h 19mn
Bit rate mode : Variable
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : -200ms
Language : English

Audio #2
ID : 306 (0x132)
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : HE-AAC / LC
Muxing mode : LATM
Codec ID : 17
Channel(s) : 1 channel
Channel positions : Front: C
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz / 24.0 KHz
Language : English

then put through AV2HDR-T2 version 1.0

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 3
Mode : Dual mono
Mode extension : Intensity Stereo
Emphasis : Reserved
Codec ID : 4
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 256 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Stream size : 146 MiB (4%)

Are you trying to play the output file back from the HDR FOX T2, if so it's probably incompatible (should be mpeg1 layer 2). Try demuxing the original file using tsmuxergui and outputting the audio track (not sure what it does with aac). If you get a suitable audio track convert to ac3.

This will convert aac to ac3
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Audio-CD-Rippers-Encoders/eac3to.shtml

Open the original file with TSmuxerGUI deselect the audio tracks. open the ac3 track and mux to a new .ts file.

If you can save a short clip to a file save site I can have a play, I only have a HD FOX T2 which you can't get unencrypted content from and a Foxsat-hdr has mp2/ac3 audio.

Yeah playing it back through the HDR FOX T2 before it goes through AV2HDR-T2 audio plays perfect, I can chuck the .ts file up onto the Fox T2 and it plays the audio spot on.

Once it hits AV2HDR I noticed the audio changed ID to : 4352 and changed changed it to mpeg, maybe AV2HDR can't handle AAC audio, once it goes through that the audio is totally removed?

I can change the audio to mpeg with VideoRedo then this works fine through AV2HDR, but the audio feels flat would love to keep it in AAC if possible going through AV2HDR-T2

Cheers Graham

Yeah playing it back through the HDR FOX T2 before it goes through AV2HDR-T2 audio plays perfect, I can chuck the .ts file up onto the Fox T2 and it plays the audio spot on.

Once it hits AV2HDR I noticed the audio changed ID to : 4352 and changed changed it to mpeg, maybe AV2HDR can't handle AAC audio, once it goes through that the audio is totally removed?

I can change the audio to mpeg with VideoRedo then this works fine through AV2HDR, but the audio feels flat would love to keep it in AAC if possible going through AV2HDR-T2

Cheers Graham

AV2HDR is really designed to import non native video, changing the aac audio to ac3 will retain the 5.1 audio in your original clip if you can find a way to extract it from the original file, shouldn't be too hard. Record a 40 second HD clip, decrypt it and put it on a fileshare site if you want me to se what will do the extract. If VR will output aac audio as a seperate track that should be convertible using EAC3TO. Will VR output aac as ac3 (don't have any content to try) ?

Back