HD .ts conversion problem

Don't you know what you have set up? Can't remember, I guess. You must have followed some instructions at some time.

If you do not have unencrypt installed (as a package), you can't be using Method 1 (it is pretty straightforward to follow the trail and eliminate the possibilities). Chances are that if you use the WebIF media browser and click on "Media" in the breadcrumb trail (path list near the top of the screen), you will find "recursive decrypt" set as a property on the My Video folder. That will be Method 2.

Also, Method 1 would not be leaving any record in the auto log.

Absolutely right. Amnesia rules at my age. That'll be method 2 then. Recursive auto-decrypt icon all present and correct as described Sir. Thanks. :)
But why the decrypt fail??? There are quite a few in the log, followed in most instances by a successful sequence ?

I wouldn't worry about it. The current system is quite aggressive, with the new "helper file" arrangement to pre-empt DLNA indexing it attempts to decrypt as soon as the recording finishes, but is sometimes a bit too early off the blocks and resources are still in use.

You don't have the full logging detail enabled, if you did you would see a lot more of what is going on (but it is not worth it unless you are thing to track down a specific problem).

Thanks for that explanation. I suppose it's because I have automatic updating set in my package management that I am getting the updates that I am reading about without realising it.:geek: Doh!!!
I wasn't worried, just curious, but I am considerably less worried no that I have a bit of a clue as to why. :)

With the DLNA server off, no recordings would be decrypted, not just HiDef specifically - which was your original assertion.
These messages will be useful even for old hands, should the DLNA server happen to turn itself off or whatever.

This would have helped me this week as an old hand. I replaced my hard drive last week, copied all my recordings off the old drive and had been happily using the new drive for a week before I noticed that none of the new recordings were being decrypted. For some reason replacing the drive had turned off the DLNA setting in the box which I had completely forgotton about over the years. I spent hours playing with packages and things before I found a reference to the DLNA server and decided to check. I've no idea why a drive replacement should change this, surely it is stored in flash along with tuning etc. It's odd that I did not lose channels or schedules but lost the DLNA setting...

This would have helped me this week as an old hand. I replaced my hard drive last week, copied all my recordings off the old drive and had been happily using the new drive for a week before I noticed that none of the new recordings were being decrypted. For some reason replacing the drive had turned off the DLNA setting in the box which I had completely forgotton about over the years. I spent hours playing with packages and things before I found a reference to the DLNA server and decided to check. I've no idea why a drive replacement should change this, surely it is stored in flash along with tuning etc. It's odd that I did not lose channels or schedules but lost the DLNA setting...
That was my problem, I replaced the HDD for a 2TB last month and the same happened. But all is just great now.

The CF is fantastic and so are the great features this brings... must donate some beers.. where is that link again... :)

update: beers sent
You just completed your payment.

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 2YY31287021888xxx.

Last edited:
Back