HDD Test behaviour ? (Error code 5 before and after reformat)

Done as requested.
I have also listed disk make/type. This may help analysis, assuming humax used different versions across the range.

Have just spoken with Humax Tech Support.
No hassle, they have arranged an exchange under warranty, courier will bring replacement and collect faulty unit.
Well that's the plan ....

Just received replacement box from Humax.
Have set up CF etc.
One question, I now have two boxes registered on RS, the new one and the returned one.
How do I remove the old MAC Address from my account on the RS site please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One question, I now have two boxes registered on RS, the new one and the returned one.
How do I remove the old MAC Address from my account on the RS site please?
There isn't a way to do that yourself at the moment - post the old MAC address (or PM it to me if you prefer) and I'll remove it for you.

There isn't a way to do that yourself at the moment - post the old MAC address (or PM it to me if you prefer) and I'll remove it for you.

Thanks af123,
The returned box was MAC 00:03:78:b9:91:6D so please delete that from RS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The disk to big to format problem was interesting. I read that somebody else had same problem.

This time it complained about capacity twice.
I gave up trying then found that it was not doing real time tracking!!

That was me!

My HDD got corrupted in August (IIRC) after the box was 1 month old. Refused to format, saying HDD too big.

Same thing happend again. First recorded programs get choppy, then they fail to record.

Trying to run Fix-Disk and what not, and reformat now. Just put the box on a UPS too, as I suspect a power failure whilst recording could cause the issue.

If it happens again, I guess I'll have to send it back to John Lewis.

What's the consensus on HDD failures - is there a faulty batch?

I had the 'too big to format' error a while back. After trying several times I gave up; tried again a few days later and it formatted normally. I've also had the screen freeze/'encrypted or unavailable' message problem recently. Fix-disk repaired a whole slew of filing system errors, since when everything's been working perfectly. A pat on the back for af123: the CF utilities must be keeping a lot of boxes running smoothly that would otherwise be candidates for new disks at the very least.

Yes -I think it may have fixed itself last time, as I don't recall how I got it to format.

Agreed - AF123 has been doing a sterling job! Keep up the good work, please!

Back