HDD + WebIf query

snafu

Hi,
I have a query regarding my Humax HDR-FOX T2.
Here's a grab of the versions etc.:

Web interface version: 1.4.9
Custom firmware version: 3.13 (build 4028)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.13)
Loader Version: a7.33

Some time ago I fitted a 2TB hdd and this is now beginning to fail as WebIf reports:

!! WARNING !!

There are potential hardware problems with the internal hard disk on this device.

Disk realloc sector count is: 8

I ran fixdisk with -y and it seemed happy enough (I can post the telnet output if needed).

My issue is that I cannot seem to dismiss the above warning and this in turn means I cannot see anything beneath nor can I acknowledge disk faults.
Below are some screen grabs.

Initial browser page: (clicking acknowledge depresses the button but nothing happens)
webif1.gif

Disk diagnostics is the same (top and bottom buttons), split into 4 parts:

dd1of4.PNG
dd2of4.PNG
dd3of4.PNG
dd4of4.PNG

Whilst I understand I'll need to probably copy off my recordings and replace the hdd I would like in the meantime to dismiss the above message so I can do other stuff via webif.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to how I can do that?

Thanks in advance for your time and trouble!

Cheers!

Erm... click the button (at the bottom of your screenshot) which says "Acknowledge any current disk faults". Having acknowledged, the warning will go away unless (and until) any fault counts increase in the smart stats.

Whilst I understand I'll need to probably copy off my recordings and replace the hdd I would like in the meantime to dismiss the above message so I can do other stuff via webif.
I think you are overreacting; as this a 4K sector drive it is likely that there is a single faulty sector which the hard drive has mapped out and replaced with a good sector from its reserve of sectors. You don't need to do anything at this point as your successful run of fix-disk demonstrates. Have a peak at the SMART data every so often but with a 2TB drive I don't think you need to worry in the slightest until the count of reallocated sectors is in the thousands.

Erm... click the button (at the bottom of your screenshot) which says "Acknowledge any current disk faults". Having acknowledged, the warning will go away unless (and until) any fault counts increase in the smart stats.

Clicking the button did nothing:
Initial browser page: (clicking acknowledge depresses the button but nothing happens)

However... your reply indicated that it should work and reminded me that the box recently changed it's IP address... and I'd forgotten to allow the new IP on NoScript... D'Oh!

Allowed the new IP and WebIf can now submit() data and hey presto, it worked!

(Embarrassed) - Sorry to have wasted your time and thanks the reply!

Cheers!

Ah. Bit complicated that. No technical issues and I did assign the Humax a static IP address. However until very recently the box was very rarely networked.
I think what happened was the DHCP lease (on the router) expired and the Humax's IP was assigned to another device.
So, next time I (eventually) went on the network I had to revert to DHCP to get a new IP ...and forgot to change DHCP back to static 🙄
Again the Humax was offline for awhile and again was given a different IP (due to DHCP) when it was back online which caused the issue with WebIf.

I won't burden you with my present unfortunate and peculiar domestic arrangements, suffice to say I don't have (easy) physical access to the IR or hardware (including mains on/off and powerline networking). This was why the Humax was offline for so long. When I get chance, I will reassign static IP.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Cheers!

Back