HDHomeRun DVR Software

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
I have Two HDHomeRun Flex Quatro HDFX-4DT devices, each one has a 1TB WD My Passport AV-TV 2.5" external HDD connected.

I have been using the SiliconDust DVR Software for the last two months, and am generally very pleased with it. There is a 14 day EPG, which is updated twice daily, although there was a problem with missing EPG for mainly ITV channels, after the names were changed just over two weeks ago. This was resolved after I contacted SiliconDust support, so it will be interesting to see what happens next time names are changed.

I can watch recordings on my phones, tablets, PC's, TV's, and Fire TV Stick, all using HDHomeRun apps. The firmware, apps, and UI seem to be getting regular updates, and all in all, everything seems to work well.

I have been following the development of DvrOnTime, but until recently I didn't have a suitable Windows PC, so that is why I chose the paid DVR software route.

Thanks for sharing. Another option for anyone who does not want to go down the Windows PC route is Channels DVR. It's more expensive than the Silicondust DVR but does have some nice features...

I thought I would update this thread. I have been using the SiliconDust DVR Software for just over one year, and have renewed my subscription for another year.

Since my original post, I have replaced both 1TB WD My Passport AV-TV 2.5" external HDD's with 2TB WD Elements 2.5" Portable HDD's.

I have been fully satisfied with this set up, and haven't had to use any of my PVR boxes as a back up.

Didn't realise the newer ones had a USB port, makes sense, they've really gone up in price though, £154 for the Quatro

Back