HDMI-CEC supported (easylink)

fattakin

Hey I just got a new TV delivered. I see that it supports HDMI-CEC which means it should automatically change source when the device is powered on etc. (Although it looks like only HDMI 1 supports it) I suppose I'll find out when i get it setup tonight but was just wondering has anyone got a Philips Easylink device

I take it i should change the output on the box to use 1080p, hoping the screen is nice and readable now!

What is Easy Link?

Philips markets the HDMI-CEC feature under the proprietary name ‘EasyLink’. HDMI-CEC is an industry standard supported by many brands, under various proprietary names.

EasyLink uses the HDMI CEC industry standard protocol to share functionality between connected devices and the TV. With Easylink, only one remote control is needed to operate the main functionalities on your TV and connected devices.

EasyLink uses the standard HDMI cable to transfer system commands. It works between all electronic devices equipped with HDMI CEC.

EasyLink uses the standard HDMI cable to transfer system commands. It works between all electronic devices equipped with HDMI CEC.

This statement from Philips just isn't true, It should read " . . . devices [ Made by the same company ] equipped with HDMI CEC. The get out here is the use of the word ' Easylink' e.g. Philip's flavour of CEC

Yeah after reading the other thread i see now that its basically an old boys club. No biggy. It would be nice if the xbox 360 supported it, the Hummy is always on anyway and if that xbox auto switched then life would be a touch easier. The Hummy remote controls the TV anyhoo

Back