Hdmi issue with Bravia

Ah, I do now seem to remember the bit about switching between 1080i and 1080p during broadcasts. If that is still happening then I assume that the TV is 'smart' enough not to keep popping up an on-screen message every time it changes.

well after reading all this - I'm none the wiser as to whether anyone has actually found a splitter that does work. The VHD-1X2MN3D looked promising but has anyone actually managed to get one and try it?

I can confirm this audio extractor has solved my green screen issues.

Having previously tried a HDMI splitter (one in two out) that did NOT work I was skeptical.
But seems to have solved it for me at least so might be worth a try.

I can confirm this audio extractor has solved my green screen issues.

Having previously tried a HDMI splitter (one in two out) that did NOT work I was skeptical.
But seems to have solved it for me at least so might be worth a try.

That looks identical to the one I bought from Amazon (for rather more money) and which didn't work for me. What TV do you have?

I can easily return the Amazon one (I was planning to do that anyway) and try the eBay one instead, just in case there is a difference. It would be useful if you could share the settings which work for you, in particular:
  1. The setting of the switch on the audio extractor: "Pass", "2.1CH" or "5.0CH";
  2. Any specific settings on the Humax;
  3. Any potentially relevant settings you had to change on the TV.

My TV is a 10 year old Panasonic TX-L32E30B
I didn't need to change any settings as such. The Humax is set to 1080p same as the TV
I've got the switch set to pass but it seems to work in any position
I did need to use the included USB power supply for it to work, I just plugged it into a spare USB port on the back of the TV.
No audio cables needed.
I've just tried removing the device and it green screened straight away. Plugged it back in and it's all working again.
Good luck if you decide to give it a try.

Good luck if you decide to give it a try.

It's less than a tenner at the moment on eBay (with the help of a kindly provided discount code) so I'm going to give it a go.

Thanks for the info about your experience with it.

One other question, if it's not too much trouble: do you know what versions of the bootloader and firmware your Humax is running? These can both be found on the Menu→Settings→System→System Information screen as below:

DSC_3685.jpg

Last edited:
My loader version version is a7.33
The one you got from Amazon does appear to be the same unit as mine but I suppose there could be a slight spec difference or maybe even a fault with yours.
If it's of any interest this is the video that prompted me to try one of these.

That's the same YouTube video that prompted me to try the audio extractor from Amazon.

The one you got from Amazon does appear to be the same unit as mine but I suppose there could be a slight spec difference or maybe even a fault with yours.

I suspect that the internals of these things can vary quite significantly over time e.g. as the original silicon is replaced with newer/cheaper stuff that on the face of it does the same job but at the detailed level maybe doesn't - especially if it's not the primary function of the thing, which in this case is sold as an audio extractor rather than an HDCP bypass device. As well as that, eBay and Amazon (and no doubt Aliexpress and the like) are full of all sorts of devices that look pretty much identical, and claim to do the same things, sold under lots of different brand names - and sometimes no brand name at all. It's very difficult to know exactly what's inside any one of them (without opening the case) which does, unfortunately, mean that one all too often ends up in this tedious buy-try-return cycle. Even one which carries a brand name of some kind and comes recommended can easily have updated/cheaper/somehow different hardware inside (as was even the case with the HDR FOX-T2, in fact).

Thanks for the bootloader info. When mine turns up from eBay (currently forecasting 28th December 🙁) I'll make sure to give it a go with that version. (BTW, is your Humax' software version the same as mine?)

Last edited:
Back