HDMI No signal

The Humax starts up in a sort of safe mode to display the 'Humax' screen before it tries to negotiate a more tailored format that suits (or doesn't suit) your TV, a bit like old computers did, they started up in VGA mode while displaying a low-res. Windows logo before switching to a higher res. scan rate

oh, thanks. Never did managed to get the Hummy working with the TV today. :( alas it's going to have to go back. A shame as I can see why people like it, the UI is fairly good. Thanks for all your help.

Have you tried using HDMI2 ? Haven't read back through the thread sorry, but sometimes it helps to use a different port.

Sorry, that's not well phrased is it! I meant I got the no signal message on the TV. Indeed, I tried switching the TV to other sources (all ok) and back to the HDMI input1 several times, tried the v-format about 20 times (checking I ended up on 1080i by using the scart) and still no signal, I also moved the HDMI cable to input 2/3 - powered off / on TV and hummy (as no immediate joy when I selected those ports) - still no joy. I've tried turning the TV off and back on and the Hummy on shortly afterwards numerous times today with various delays from 1 sec to 10 secs (which worked the other day) and I can't get it to work at all today - no Hummy to TV via HDMI full stop.
Perhaps this is a rogue HDR and a replacement will work better.

HDMI connection didn't work in any of the TV HDMI ports with any consistency.

I have today returned the Hummy and given I've seen references to problems with them and HDMI I decided not to replace it with another Humax. (Google Humax HDMI and the first two suggestions which come up are Greenscreen and Problem)
I'm prepared to accept the problem may be one of compatibility, but that doesn't help me.
Thanks for the suggestions all.
I'm off...

Jeddy

Back