HDMI problem with 1.02.07

S

stuaburt

Having updated from 1.01.09 to 1.02.07 I have had a lot of problems with my TV reporting that the HDMI input is in power save mode. The only thing that gets the display back is a power reset of the HDR which is generally not an option mid recording. I have also tried other methods such as changing the V-format of the HDR.
Has anyone seen this and has any ideas? Alternatively could anyone suggest how I feed this back to Humax? I do like the new facilities but I'm going to have to go back to 1.01.09 as I daren't leave the wife alone with the HDR, I think it may not survive her wrath.

It seems strange that some people are having problems with HDMI and others are not. Perhaps if you post the make and model of your TV, someone else may have a possible solution or workaround to this issue.

Good point. The TV is a Dell 3706MC. As I said, 1.01.09 gave no problems at all with the HDMI input.

Have you tried switching the TV to another (preferably non-HDMI) input and back again?

I'm wondering if I'm getting this problem with 1.02.07 as well, but it's only happened twice (I think) and I'm not yet decided if it's the Humax or the TV because it may have done it once before the upgrade and once in a blue moon the same thing will happen with the media player plugged in to the other HDMI input - that is, a blank screen. Switching to, say, the component input and back fixes it. I'm also wondering if the TV is on the blink because at least once this happened after the TV failed to turn on after pressing the power button (which happens from time to time).

Have you tried switching the TV to another (preferably non-HDMI) input and back again?

Tried this and everything else that I could think of and find on the web. There are no settings within the TV menus to do with HDMI other than selecting it as an input.

A small HDMI problem has reappeared with 1.02.07 on my setup. Humax to Yamaha then Toshiba TV all with HDMI - when the box is recording but in standby then you switch on to watch you often get audio with a black/blank screen. Switching to other inputs and back to the HDR on the amp usually fixes it. Not noticed it on 1.01.09. Grrr, going backwards!

A small HDMI problem has reappeared with 1.02.07 on my setup. Humax to Yamaha then Toshiba TV all with HDMI - when the box is recording but in standby then you switch on to watch you often get audio with a black/blank screen. Switching to other inputs and back to the HDR on the amp usually fixes it. Not noticed it on 1.01.09. Grrr, going backwards!

Welcome to the world of Humax; just like the 9200 software updates!

Back