HDMI Swivel

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
This may be of help to somebody...

I saw a Belkin HDMI adapter (socket one end, plug the other) with not just one axis of articulation (hinge) but two - the socket folds from straight to right angle, and the plug twists. Very handy to mount the TV flush to the wall if it has rear facing HDMI sockets.

Asda, £8.

This may be of help to somebody...

I saw a Belkin HDMI adapter (socket one end, plug the other) with not just one axis of articulation (hinge) but two - the socket folds from straight to right angle, and the plug twists. Very handy to mount the TV flush to the wall if it has rear facing HDMI sockets.

Asda, £8.

I wonder how robust they are? I am using a right angle one at present because without it the HDMI lead sticks out at the side of the TV. (Side facing HDMI.) It was quite tricky working out which of two to order from the descriptions. The other one would have projected at right angles towards the back of the screen, not away from it. Yours seems a better solution if it is robust, which all depends on how good the contacts are inside it?

I don't see why it should be a problem. Imagine an HDMI plug and an HDMI in-line socket with a short length of cable between them, and an outer housing which limits the flexing of the cable to 0-90° of bend and 0-180° of twist.

I don't see why it should be a problem. Imagine an HDMI plug and an HDMI in-line socket with a short length of cable between them, and an outer housing which limits the flexing of the cable to 0-90° of bend and 0-180° of twist.

:eek:

Back