HDMI Sync issue

Hell martxw, you could have mentioned your somewhat unusual setup before! Yes, it's the HDMI-analogue converter having trouble tracking the output changes. My HDMI matrix switch has seizures when I cycle through the VFORMAT options, but not when simply bunging up a Humax menu.

The S-Video is going out at 576i anyway, so you might as well source at 576i.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the behaviour completely changed yet again, but it seems to have been fixed after receiving a replacement HDMI to S-Video converter. For the moment I'm consistently getting a stable black screen for a fraction of a second between changing channels.

So it could have been a developing hardware problem on a separate piece of kit that just happened to appear at the exact time that I tested a bit of Jim/Tcl that held a DB file locked for too long and caused something to trash its contents.

You can't accidentally send a voodoo death signal down the HDMI cable can you? (Way back, you could burn out a Commodore PET with a single POKE statement, and Windows 0.9 on the HP 150 would regularly make a power transistor explode if your code crashed!)

At least I've learned how to use Maintenance Mode, and it's a good idea not to treat HDMI as hot-swappable.

At least I've learned how to use Maintenance Mode, and it's a good idea not to treat HDMI as hot-swappable.

Agreed - doesn't the Humax come with a little red sticker on it to that effect? Or that could just be for the aerial but same principal.

Back