HDMI version

JonVin

Hi All
Does anyone know what HDMI and/or HDCP version this box has?
I have the dreaded green screen problem and all suggestions are currently unsuccesful most of the time. I have read lots of threads on this problem and there seems to be no definitiva answer.
Currently the box has the latest custom firmware and the TV is a LG 32LV355T.
Right now I feel like chucking it in the bin so any helpful suggestions appreciated.

Don't throw your Fox away, it's likely to become very valuable as the newer PVRs seem to be not as open.

Just a thought. Have you tried an HDMI Switch between the two units? Maybe you are suffering a timing issue.

Martin

Don't throw your Fox away, it's likely to become very valuable as the newer PVRs seem to be not as open.

Just a thought. Have you tried an HDMI Switch between the two units? Maybe you are suffering a timing issue.

Martin

Thanks for the reply, I have wondered if a switch might do the trick, I tried the fox on another tv last night and it worked fine. Also the usual tv works ok with the blu-ray player on all inputs so I'm pretty confident there is no fault as such just something not quite t compatible with the handshaking.
I would appreciate if anyone has any recommendations of a good switch around 20 to 30 pound mark.

Thanks
John

I checked it after I posted the link and it worked. I have just clicked the link again (in your quote of my post) and it also works.

Perhaps you could try the main page and navigate from there? I.E. www.kinivo.com

I can't explain why it isn't working for you, sorry.

Is that the correct link? I get "The page you have requested is missing."

Edit: Is THIS the correct item?

Yes Brian, that's the one!

EDIT: I agree, something is wrong here. When I click the link I posted on my PC, I go to the correct item. However, when I use my iPad, I get the same error message as Brian. I suspect its a caching issue. My apologies for the confusion.

Hi All
Does anyone know what HDMI and/or HDCP version this box has?
I have the dreaded green screen problem and all suggestions are currently unsuccesful most of the time. I have read lots of threads on this problem and there seems to be no definitiva answer.
Currently the box has the latest custom firmware and the TV is a LG 32LV355T.
Right now I feel like chucking it in the bin so any helpful suggestions appreciated.

HDMI HDCP is the biggest load of carp foisted on the public, ever. It is designed to protect content providers, not to be of convenience to consumers. TV companies see the content producers as their customers, not us, in a weird reversal of roles.

Things to try:

* The order things are switched on sometimes makes a difference. If I get a blank screen from any of my Humax boxes, I can always cure it by power cycling my AV Amp. These problems are always caused by a recording being active on the Humax box, and it can be Freeview, Freesat or YouView.

* Sometimes unplugging the HDMI lead then plugging it in again can help.

* Try another HDMI lead. A cheap one should suffice, maybe a pound or two from Amazon or eBay.

* Don't bother contacting either Humax or LG. Each will say it is the other's fault!

Forum Admin: This is another topic that is not specific to one Humax box, so possibly needs its own forum.

HDMI HDCP is the biggest load of carp foisted on the public, ever. It is designed to protect content providers, not to be of convenience to consumers. TV companies see the content producers as their customers, not us, in a weird reversal of roles.

Things to try:

* The order things are switched on sometimes makes a difference. If I get a blank screen from any of my Humax boxes, I can always cure it by power cycling my AV Amp. These problems are always caused by a recording being active on the Humax box, and it can be Freeview, Freesat or YouView.

* Sometimes unplugging the HDMI lead then plugging it in again can help.

* Try another HDMI lead. A cheap one should suffice, maybe a pound or two from Amazon or eBay.

* Don't bother contacting either Humax or LG. Each will say it is the other's fault!

Forum Admin: This is another topic that is not specific to one Humax box, so possibly needs its own forum.

Agree entirely on the first paprgraph, the concept of HDMI is sound but the way it's been deployed is terrible. Also I'm led to believe that some manufacturers interpretation of the spec varies to others meaning some devices are "less" compatible than others!

I've tried all the things you suggest and more but at the moment a couple of seconds sound and video after a power cycle are all I can get but it does work fine on an ancient Sharp 26".
Not got a switch yet and don't want to spend lots on something that may not cure the problem, just hope I can take it back if it doesn't.

There are these things called HDMI test centers.
Humax need to use them and test every scenario.
It's all on their website.

There are these things called HDMI test centers.
Humax need to use them and test every scenario.
It's all on their website.

However the HDMI Test Centers Testing Policy states that -

"Successful completion of the Compliance Test Specification or ATC Testing does not guarantee that any product will conform to the High-Definition Multimedia Interfaces, function correctly or interoperate with any other product. Each Adopter is solely responsible for ensuring that its products function correctly, fully comply with the HDMI Specification and Adopter Agreement, and interoperate with other products"

The company I work for were looking at producing a HDMI product however the licensing and more importantly the complexity made it unfeasible. There were a raft of issues either one of which could have stopped the device from working even tho on paper it would have easily passed compliance testing.

Anyway this helps me not. Introducing a switch has done nothing either so it's SCART or nothing :(

Back