HDR-1000S recordings playback on HDR Fox T2, possible?

EdTall

Hi, do you know if it is possible to playback HDR-1000S recordings, copied on to a external hard drive, on the HDR Fox T2 (standard definition OR HD, if their is a way to decrypt the HD recordings like on the HDR Fox T2) and vice versa, Thanks.

I would say the first step is to see if the files from the HDR-1000S will play on a P.C. if so there is a good chance that they will also play on the HDR Fox T2

Is there any parallel with the Foxsat "non-Freesat" mode?

Please correct me if I've got it wrong, but my summary knowledge of the Foxsat is that it encrypts recordings, with no decryption available, unless it is operated in "non-Freesat" mode. If the same is true of the 1000s, it is more likely to play (decrypted) recordings from the HDR-FOX than the other way around.

If the 1000s includes DLNA client/server capability, that will go a long way to providing two-way content sharing with an HDR-FOX, and also a route to decryption.

Thanks, I'm just considering this before buying since already have HDR fox t2. I don't know if it's files will play on a PC, since I don't have one yet. Thanks.

You could take an HDR recording on a USB stick and get an in-store demo to see if it plays! Richer Sounds are good for that sort of thing.

Thanks, it's a good idea, but you have to book your in store demo in advance, I have tried in the past long wait big hassle. But failing all that may be an idea. Thanks.

You can't play back recordings made on a HDR1000s on anything else at the moment. You can however playback recordings made on a HDR FOX T2 (including HD if the CF is installed and set to autodecrypt recordings. That's because the HDR1000/1010S currently only has DLNA client capability. A DLNA server is promised and when this available it should be possible to view recordings made on a HDR1000s on a
Is there any parallel with the Foxsat "non-Freesat" mode?

Please correct me if I've got it wrong, but my summary knowledge of the Foxsat is that it encrypts recordings, with no decryption available, unless it is operated in "non-Freesat" mode. If the same is true of the 1000s, it is more likely to play (decrypted) recordings from the HDR-FOX than the other way around.

If the 1000s includes DLNA client/server capability, that will go a long way to providing two-way content sharing with an HDR-FOX, and also a route to decryption.

HDR FOX T2 and vice versa using your home network.

You can't record in non-freesat on the G2 boxes, they are tightly locked down as the recording partition itself is encrypted. You can't even see the recording folders with the drive connected to a PC.

Thanks, I'm just considering this before buying since already have HDR fox t2. I don't know if it's files will play on a PC, since I don't have one yet. Thanks.

With a standard box SD recordings copied to usb will play on a PC, HD ones won't (SD is decrypted during copying to usb). You can persuade the box to decrypt HD recordings as well using a Raydon written utility (Foxy) or by installing the custom firmware. Eventually you should be able to view recordings on a HDR FOX T2 on a HDR1000s and vice versa if both are networked. (requires a DLNA server on the HDR1000s). You can already view recordings made on a HDR FOX T2 on another HDR FOX T2 (or a HD FOX T2). You can't watch recordings on a HD FOX T2 on a HDR FOX T2 as the HD FOX T2 lacks a DLNA server.

Back