HDR-1000t disabled YouTube

mccc

Hello!

My dad was very happy with his HDR-1000t, but it recently stopped being able to show YouTube videos and now he's not so happy anymore..
Is there anything that could possibly be done to get the functionality back? He sent me some pics of error messages that reference a change in the protocol to https, so I would guess that barring a custom firmware there might not be much to be done, but this seems like the right place to ask for any type of suggestion.

Thanks!

It needs a firmware update from Humax, if and when there is one (have you checked?).

I'm not sure what a HDR-1000T is though - are you sure you don't mean HDR-1000S or DTR-T1000 (both of which have their own forum sections)?

I'm quite sure my dad clicked on all the buttons available, but I'll check just to be sure :)

Attached is a screenshot of the system info
I would attach a link to the amazon webpage, but it seems like I can't... Anyway, it's probably one of those model names different just for some countries (Italy, in this case), but it doesn't look like either of those :-/

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2017-05-04 01.40.19.jpg
    2017-05-04 01.40.19.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
So is this unit being operated in Italy? If not, it could be that YouTube is blocking it for being outside its licenced area.

Newbies can't post links (as an anti-spammer measure). You could post a screenshot of the Amazon page though, or give a search term that would find the web page by googling.

Firmware updates are not usually initiated by pressing buttons, unless you are able to understand the menu options and respond appropriately (which would be tough if Italian is not your lingo, unless maybe it has a language option in the setup). Even if you can initiate an update search, it won't be successful unless the update process is Internet based or an over-the-air update is being broadcast at the moment you search.

You will be more successful downloading an update from the Humax web site and installing it via a USB pen drive.

It is listed under digimax recorder in the italian humax website, but downloading the manual leads to that model number.
it humaxdigital com product digimax-recorder
is the page, and attached is a message by the machine itself about the issue

Attachments

• 2017-05-04 05.24.53.jpg
    2017-05-04 05.24.53.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 2017-05-04 05.24.58.jpg
    2017-05-04 05.24.58.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 13
A couple of days ago I opened the portal on a HDR-FOX T2 and got a notice that YouTube is being discontinued on certain models, in various countries, from sometime this month. The HD-FOX T2 was listed as one of these models (HDR-FOX T2 was not listed; mistake?). I don't know if the poster's unit was on that list. If so, it looks like the app will not be updated.

Edit.
The OP also got the same message (see post above).

Well, now we've actually seen the message in question, it's clear this is not just a blip, so no there's nothing anyone can do about it.

First news I've heard about HD-/HDR-FOX though, that's a bit of a blow.

If you want to continue accessing YouTube via a set-top type device, you will need to look at an adapter such as an Amazon Fire stick, Roku, Chromecast, or whatever (check the spec and see if it does what you want). Or upgrade your Dad to a smart TV.

I was hoping for something like a custom firmware but oh well.. his birthday is coming up :D
suggestions?

thanks!

I've been on the HDR-FOX TV portal today, and a notice about YouTube pops up (even if you are not trying to access YouTube) that support ends on 11th May. It is clear from the text that this is simply because YouTube is going HTTPS-only, and the HDR-FOX is not set up for this.

Today 17 May 2017 I went to the Portal to load iPlayer and The YouTube icon was there and I am watching videos through my HDR FoxT2. Has anyone else found this? Will it last I wonder?

I am getting the same messages on both of my Samsung Smart TV's, except YouTube will vanish at the end of June, so its not just STB that are going to lose it.

Back