HDR-2000T delayed updates.

greywizard

Just trolling thru pages and found this on a link to DTG. Is this the reason for no firmware/software updates from Humax. Unless of course they still haven't released them 'into the world'!!!

Thursday, June 26, 2014
Engineering Channel Commonwealth Games Lockdown
DTG Testing will be implementing an engineering channel “lockdown” over the Commonwealth Games period for all Freeview/FreeviewHD downloads on (PSB1 multiplex). The purpose of this is to minimise risk to the platforms and channels during the important viewing period.

The lockdown starts on the 18th of July 2014, and will last till the 11th of August 2014 (inclusive). No downloads will be scheduled for transmission between these dates.

Please note that any new downloads submitted in August will go live from the 18th, as the 5 working day limit (pre-transmission) still applies.

Apart from the activities outlined above, DTG Testing will be operating as usual during this period.

AKA a Quango fannying about for no discernible reason.
Not that there will be anything from the H company on the 18th anyway...

Last edited:
It lasts until 18th August so all the employees can go on a nice long summer holiday (cynical? Moi?). How else do you explain the lockdown lasting far beyond the end of the Commonwealth Games.

And no there won't be anything from Humax on the 18th, that seems certain.

Was in contact Aug 19 for info about 1800T, asked about loopthru update. Surprise,they still dont know a date for ota.

Was in contact Aug 19 for info about 1800T, asked about loopthru update. Surprise,they still dont know a date for ota.
According to a post I saw on MyHumax.org loopthrough in standby works on the 1800T, just not on the 2000T which is still waiting for an update.

It's only been announced. The proof to back up the announcement has been a long time coming.

Even though it has been announced that the problem Has been resolved.

It has not been resolved. My 2000T is on the latest firmware and does not have loop through in standby.

I do have contact with a number of software development teams (not Humax). One thing they have in common is that if they have worked on a particular issue and believe that they have code or a configuration that fixes a particular issue on their work bench then it 'has been resolved'. Whether their solution can be implemented out in the field is another matter and frequently for a variety of reasons no practical progress has been made towards a resolution for the end user.

Barry has not given any background information and so how far down the support line the possible resolution had reached , we can not tell.

It has not been resolved. My 2000T is on the latest firmware and does not have loop through in standby.
There hasn't been an update yet has there? There has been no OTA. Are the units shipping now on a different version to those bought a year ago?

Edit. Reading the thread again, rather than skimming, you are replying to Brian's statement that 'it has been resolved'. Of course, whatever anyone says, until an update has been released and the loopthrough function is available, it has not been resolved.

Last edited:

Barry has not given any background information and so how far down the support line the possible resolution had reached , we can not tell.
Have you tried the Latest as yet unreleased firmware then? If not, you do not know that it has Not been resolved yet.

The point he is making is that the problem is not resolved until the solution has been rolled out to the users - sitting around in a development lab it is no use to anyone (if it really exists at all). The point I am making is that until we see it, talk of a firmware solution remains so much hot air. Anyone who announced it and then found it not released for aeons should be thoroughly embarrassed.

I am an optimist so I think the loopthrough issue will be resolved a firmware update.
I'd imagine that Luke would love the opportunity to try out the latest, unreleased firmware. Perhaps Humax could post a download link on their beta website;)

The point he is making is that the problem is not resolved until the solution has been rolled out to the users. The point I am making is that until we see it, talk of a firmware solution remains so much hot air.
The point that I am making is that we are reliably informed that the problem has been resolved in house, and it is totally irrelevant whether or not it has reached the user base.

It's not totally irrelevant. Resolved from the developers' point of view is not the same as resolved from the users' point of view.
At the moment, no users have any evidence of it being resolved. They are dependent on the word of one (unreliable IMHO) voice who says the developers have resolved it. It's the same as "the cheque's in the post". Until you get it, you don't believe it.

Are you somebody who just accepts a person's word for it, without any kind of supporting evidence? Because that's all we've got, and that's not opinion. Maybe you believe in an afterlife too.

I don't understand why people find this so controversial. Some individuals claim to have inside knowledge, and have provided information which on occasion turned out to be true, but refuse to provide credentials and in this case have hinted at a "holy grail" which so far has not materialised over a significant period of time. This is not the Dark Ages, we are not sold on mysterious promises with no substantiation.

As I said before: put up or shut up (or, in case you don't know what that means: prove your claims or stop making them).

As I said before: put up or shut up (or, in case you don't know what that means: prove your claims or stop making them).
This applies equally to yourself. I have no reason not to accept that the issue has been resolved, and that an updated firmware will be released when Humax are ready.

Back