HDR-2000T freezes

notac

Our new HDR-2000T has 'frozen' several times (i.e. will not respond to the Remote not to the front Touch panel).
I have to switch off the power at the mains socket, wait a while then switch back on.
It then takes ages to come back on after going through several stages of coming on then off again.

Is this normal or should I return it ?

Many thanks for your help, Wallace.

I checked the link then phoned John Lewis and arranged to do a swap.

I do hope MY replacement one will be OK.

Quite frankly I am very disappointed with this new model.
The build quality appears to be well below my old 9200 and the lack of a front display annoys my wife.

'Progress !!!'

Collected the replacement box from John Lewis this morning.

Set it up and all seems fine for now.

Fingers crossed that THIS one will be OK.
Only thing that worries me is that the S/No is only 120 after the faulty one !
But I live in hope !

I am sure someone else commented on their replacement unit's serial number not being too different from their faulty one.

As long as it is working and you are happy, that's what matters.

The replacement HDR-2000T has not frozen but it has twice shown a new fault !

It says the selected station has no signal - i.e. the tuner sees no signal, despite the fact that the TV tuner is fine.

Once more the only cure is to turn off the power at the wall and re-start.

I am conmcerned that this might happen when we have set it to record when we are out thus losing the recording !

Any ideas ?

Thanks again, Luke.

I did automatic search and yes, we do get reception from 2 transmitters - London and Southern.

When I did the Set Up the Humax found both and asked which I wanted and I chose London.
However, a few Southern channels have been saved in the '800' section.
I wanted to keep the BBC1 and ITV1 so we could look at the local news in both areas.
However, if this going to cause the HDR-2000T to crash I'd better delete them ?

I never had any of this problem with our old PVR9200, which saved all the channels from both transmitters without problems !

This new 'little' box seems much less 'robust' in both hardware and software !

Many thanks.

I'd better get rid of those '800' channels then and if we want the local Meridian news I'll just have to use the TV's own tuner instead !

That is a good plan. As stated in the link from that paragraph, cross-region recording is possible but only with special care.

I never had any of this problem with our old PVR9200, which saved all the channels from both transmitters without problems !
I don't think that is right. The 9200 is every bit as intolerant of a mix of channels from different transmitters as the HDR. Were you using using padding on the 9200 by any chance?
This new 'little' box seems much less 'robust' in both hardware and software !
I don't think that is true.

Back