HDR 2000T

BMW1980

Hi
I bought an HDR 2000T after reading the user manual it was a nice surprise to find out that recordings could be sent to usb drive. I get the whole HD encryption thing but WTF are SD recordings encrypted as well. If you try and FTP them to your Pc you get a file that nothing can open (BDAV no pat/pmt)
I tried transfering a movie 2hour 40min transfer time 1hour :( FTP Transfer time 3min 30sec) why would they give you the option to transfer that has to be done in the stone age. ?.

It's very simple: everything is encrypted on disk, StDef recordings are decrypted when copied to USB, FTP accesses the disk contents raw.

See Things Every... (click) section 5. The comments apply to HDR-1800T/2000T, and the Foxy process can be used to unlock HiDef recordings, but there are no custom firmware options. Using Foxy and then moving the recording to another folder (so that the DLNA system re-indexes it) makes HiDef streamable (and therefore grabbable, see notes HERE - click).

Read up on the Foxy thing according to some reviews it is loaded with adware (Conduit to name one) I had that on my Pc before and it was a nightmare to get rid of it

Foxy itself isn't, you just have to be careful which links you click downloading it from the sharing site. It is very easy to be misdirected to the wrong download button.

See also HERE (click).

Last edited:
The site I keep seeing is called 4shared do you have clean safe allternative .

Last edited:
Raydon is the author of Foxy, where he wants to host it for sharing is up to him (and nobody else). The various hosting sites are used because they provide access control and logging.

The site I keep seeing is called 4shared do you have clean safe allternative .
As long as you create an account, and log on before attempting to download Foxy, there doesn't seem to be a problem. I have tried to download Foxy after people have complained that it was not working, or that they received the wrong software. Each time it worked perfectly well for me.

I have uploaded a 'clean' copy of foxy to a site here :-
http://ge.tt/55JBtDy1/v/0

Here is a Virus Total Report of the file, no viruses found using 55 virus checkers :-

Code:
SHA256:     d3f0d6d12024f6919733614683e4c640174828dad39ac5e01dd2e7a01f08e726
File name:     Foxy.exe
Detection ratio:     0 / 55
Analysis date:     2014-08-25 22:52:59 UTC ( 3 weeks, 4 days ago )

I get the whole HD encryption thing but WTF are SD recordings encrypted as well.

I was slightly suprised that this had been continued with the first version of the 2000T software.
Does anyone know if foxy works on the 1800T recordings?

If Humax were to introduce only encrypting HD recordings then there would be no need for the unit to know how to decrypt on USB export and therefore this would remove some of the effects of foxy.

So what are you proposing then: that Humax might have spent money re-engineering the firmware for the HDR-1800T when it is derived from the 2000T?

So what are you proposing then: that Humax might have spent money re-engineering the firmware for the HDR-1800T when it is derived from the 2000T?
What I am thinking is that if foxy fully works on the 1800T then I would expect the next software version for the HDR-2000T to also fully work.

Ah so :inscrutable:

I can't imagine anything much will change - they must have known about our fiddling for years.

:doublethumbsup:

Back