HDR FOX crashes if I use the portal.

Bobdisk

Dont know if this is the right place to post, my HDR FOX crashes if I use the portal. My account is set up. I enter the portal, select Family, then me as user. Then select an app, sometimes I can select for example BBC iplayer, and then it will crash, and restart to the last channel. Any ideas??

Dont know if this is the right place to post, my HDR FOX crashes if I use the portal. My account is set up. I enter the portal, select Family, then me as user. Then select an app, sometimes I can select for example BBC iplayer, and then it will crash, and restart to the last channel. Any ideas??
Please would you clarify.
Is this your HDR FOXSAT or have you also an HDR-FOX T2?

This discussion is concerned with the difference between an HDR-FOX T2 and a HD-FOX T2. Is that what you are asking about? It's not clear.

(Edit: The opening post has now been moved to its own thread within the same sub-forum that Bobdisk chose.)

Last edited:
Dont know if this is the right place to post
It certainly isn't (I can't imagine why you would think so, just look at the title: "The Differences Between HD-FOX T2 and HDR-FOX T2"), but in any case...
Then select an app, sometimes I can select for example BBC iplayer, and then it will crash, and restart to the last channel.
1. The Humax networking is not robust, and anything it thinks is "unexpected" results in a crash. This is par for the course.

2. Regardless of crashes, I don't think there is anything left on the portal which still works. YouTube abandoned service ages ago, and the iPlayer interface will work but won't play anything. Last time I tried it the Internet Radio wasn't working either (or at least not the service I used to like).

Your post will be split and put in the right place, once we are sure where the right place is. (Update: now done)

Last edited:
That's three today (so far – I'm not holding my breath). I'm sorry to come over strict, but it's a matter of keeping the forum tidy... and it's like walking into a cheese shop and asking questions about jam when there's a jam shop down the street.

Newbies' Guide to the Forum (click)

(Edit: The opening post has now been moved to its own thread within the same sub-forum that Bobdisk chose.)
The posts were moved from the HD-FOX T2 forum to the HDR-FOX T2 forum.

Please would you clarify.
Is this your HDR FOXSAT or have you also an HDR-FOX T2?

This discussion is concerned with the difference between an HDR-FOX T2 and a HD-FOX T2. Is that what you are asking about? It's not clear.

Its a HDR FOX T2, with a hard drive! Sorry I put it in the wrong place.

Fine, but you haven't said whether this answers your question.
Dont think its answered. By "crash" I mean it goes off, from the portal, as if the power button is pressed, then a few seconds later, it comes back on, from standby, to the latest channel it was on. When its on the normal Freeview mode, it works perfectly, including timed recordings, and other functions.

Last edited:
Dont think its answered. By "crash" I mean it goes off, from the portal, as if the power button is pressed, then a few seconds later, it comes back on, from standby, to the latest channel it was on. When its on the normal Freeview mode, it works perfectly, including timed recordings, and other functions.
Normal for me and has been for a couple of years now. Humax stopped supporting the portal ages ago, just as the likes of Panasonic's Freetime.
Buy a Firestick or similar if you want different apps but forget the Portal.

Back