For Sale HDR FOX T2 - 1TB Drive very poorly - Now for sale - WHY

Nick Lappage

If anyone wants my Humax recorder for spares or repair, then please contact me (Nick) via this forum. Don't want a lot - not expecting a lot really... Thought I'd give you guys first dibs before going to eBay or Gum Tree. Will post or can be collected from Leicester. I've got the Humax WiFi dongle as well.

Very good really - more channels than available from Freeview+, more HD channels and as I'm with BT Infinity I get more options if I want them (BT Sport, ESPN). The record, live pause facilities are the same, sensible software updates when required, good intuitive menu system, I can still record two channels if I want while watching another previously recorded program. I suppose it's like Freeview+++. Well that's my opinion anyway - others may vary.

Hi Gary. No problems. I have somebody else interested, but I won't be able to respond to anybody from now until Thursday afternoon (24th July), but you can send me messages etc.
Thanks,

Nick

Very good really - more channels than available from Freeview+, more HD channels and as I'm with BT Infinity I get more options if I want them (BT Sport, ESPN). The record, live pause facilities are the same, sensible software updates when required, good intuitive menu system, I can still record two channels if I want while watching another previously recorded program. I suppose it's like Freeview+++. Well that's my opinion anyway - others may vary.
The Humax YouView box didn't get favourable reports - maybe you have another box or they've got better.

The Humax YouView box didn't get favourable reports - maybe you have another box or they've got better.

The OP probably has a BT DTR-2100, not exactly a looker but its beauty lies within, with better hardware which actually makes Youview usable IMO...

YouView is still too restrictive even with faster hardware. No export of recordings by any method, neither USB nor network. No ability to select padding rather than Accurate Recording. No buffering in iPlayer so if you're broadband is slow (like half the coutry) it's unusable. No custom firmware. Firmware updates are mandatory and you can't downgrade, I tried after an update broke HDMI with my TV. After 6 months of barely using my original trial box over SCART because that was all that worked I boxed it up and put it in the loft as HDR Fox T2 spares (case, hard disc, power supply, remote can be used).

The list of things wrong with YouView is quite long. Barry on myhumax.org maintains a posting with a very long list of things it can't do.

+ Ridiculous boot time or forced to leave the hard disk spinning. Remote scheduling requires high power usage (low eco) mode.
Not for me!

+ Ridiculous boot time or forced to leave the hard disk spinning. Remote scheduling requires high power usage (low eco) mode.
Not for me!

The YouView crap remote scheduling is what finally got me to try the RS portal. It's so much better than YouView it's beyond belief.

You forgot to add that YouView remote scheduling can only be used through an app on a device you've paired beforehand. No generic login from a web browser on any computing device.

I don't disagree with those comments on Youview in comparison to the HDR-T2! However if someone does want to get a YV box my advice would be to get a DTR-2100 as the improved hardware does make the day to day box interaction a lot less painful than those earlier generation boxes...

Well, in response to Black Hole's initial remark - my YouView box is one of the new models in that it's almost 2/3 less in size compared to my old Freeview+ box. The recording scheduler is very simple from the TV guide and scheduling from the YV app on my smart phone is great as well. It does exactly what I want and I'm very happy now. BT's library of box sets, films and entertainment packages is also very good. I also have all the On Demand and catchup I could want. I suppose my satisfaction comes from having a very good broadband as well (40Mb/s download and 15Mb/s upload) and that's with WiFi only.

In any case I've had an offer of £50 for my Humax box, so if anyone else in interested...?

Back