HDR-Fox T2 and HD-Fox T2 receiver- any common hardware?

Only one? All three of mine do from time to time. There are various speculations as to what might cause it, including PSU voltages going out of spec, but nothing definite. It is common enough that we accept it as a fact of HDR-FOX ownership, and some people use a physical time switch in the mains feed so that it gets a periodic cold start and recover from a freeze.
One of mine has given me my first experiences of freezing in the last 4 months. Two (perhaps three) freezes so far while using the 1.03.12. I was just presumed that it was the first signs of a breakdown and didn't realise I had been missing out on a 'common' feature.

I thought a popular theory for the cause of phantom lockups was DLNA traffic on your home network?

Added anything recently that could be causing mischief?

IIRC, DLNA traffic, as you put it, causes crashes followed by a reboot. That is my experience anyway.

I too have experienced freezes, which could only be cleared by a complete power off/on cycle. Strangely, I had a freeze on my two 'in use' HDR's just a couple of days apart. I read somewhere ages ago, that it could be caused by a corrupt TSR buffer. As a precaution, I ran the tsr/reset diagnostic. All has been well since.

If you leave a HDR-FOX on one channel, the time shift buffer will grow until it is 17.65GB and will then start again from the beginning, overwriting the file but not deleting it. Changing channels causes it to start again, and it will also restart when a recording completes (if there is no other recording ongoing). You end up with a large file with fragments of old overwrites. This could easily get corrupted. Would it be a good idea to add deletion of the buffer to the disable OTA package? The default channel for disable OTA is a data channel so the buffer is not being written to at this time. Alternatively, it could be scheduled as a once a day cronjob, or as a startup script perhaps?

Back